Auto Generated Password on Mobile Device

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Re: Auto Generated Password on Mobile Device

Postby Ferienne » Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:10 am

I received this reply from LastPass support. The link I provided was to this thread on the forum which for some reason didn't work? I tried it and it hasn't fixed the problem...

"Hello Lindsay,

Thank you for contacting LastPass.

I am not 100% sure if I understand every step of this issue, also I am not able to open the link you provided, I mean I can open it but there is the error "404 not found".

Please follow the troubleshooting steps below:

1. Open LastPass app > Settings > Actions > Clear LastPass Cache

2. Open LastPass app > Settings > Actions > Refresh Vault

3. Logout, log back in and test the issue again.

We are here to assist our customers 24 hours a day Mon-Fri.

If we have answered your question, we will send you an email in the next few days asking for your feedback. We value your opinion and thank you in advance for taking the time to click on the survey link and let us know how your experience was with our team.

Thank you,

Aleksa | Customer Support Representative
LastPass"
Ferienne

Postby Ferienne » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:57 am

My second email to support:

"When I log in to the LastPass app with face ID or if I use face ID on the LastPass app to fill in a password/launch a site it autogenerates a password on my mobile device which it then stores in my vault. This entry simply says "Generated Password on Mobile Device" and when opened contains a password but no other information, so nothing related to a site, username etc. I have not requested a password to be generated, the act of logging in to Last Pass with face ID or launching a site and confirming with face ID for some reason generates this password. Throughout regular use of the app a build up of these "Generated Password on Mobile Device" appears in my vault and I have to go through and delete them all individually which is irritating. Several users experience the same issue and I link here to a forum post discussing it.

When I reported the problem to Support they suggested I clear my cache, refresh, log out and in again - I have done this and it has not resolved the problem.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=359285"

Reply from support:

"Hello Lindsay,

We apologize for any inconvenience this trouble may have caused you.

I am sorry but currently this is an ongoing issue. Our Development team is aware of this and I can assure you they are working towards getting this sorted out. It will probably be fixed in one of further updates. Development team will do their best to fix this as soon as possible. Thank you for your kind patience.

In the meantime if we find any workaround or if there is anything new, I will inform you.

Have a nice day and stay safe!

Thank you,

Aleksa | Customer Support Representative
LastPass"
Ferienne

Postby TomVN » Tue May 19, 2020 5:11 am

I have the exact same issue, iphone 11 ios 13.4.1, I don't use faceid at all, I have deleted and reinstalled the app to see if that helps
TomVN

Previous

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting