Auto Generated Password on Mobile Device

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Auto Generated Password on Mobile Device

Postby ryanm3119 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:44 pm

Hi all,

Love LastPass. My account continually auto generates passwords on mobile device and adds them to my vault unassigned. It will simply say “Generated Password on Mobile Device”. It will do it multiple times. The weird thing is I’m not asking it to do it and it generates the same password each time. May be linked to when I access the app or vault. Not certain.

It’s a bit annoying. I have to continually delete them. Thoughts on how to address?
ryanm3119

Re: Auto Generated Password on Mobile Device

Postby i7c » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:08 am

I second this. I get them all the time and don't know either where they are coming from. Would be glad to have this solved!
i7c

Postby vnorman85 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:22 am

I agree
Last Pass please respond to this problem
vnorman85

Postby hrg164 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:16 pm

I also have this issue. The original post is a month-and-a-half old. Does LastPass monitor this forum or should this be addressed by sending a question to a support agent?
hrg164

Postby vincedean » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:36 am

Same issue here. I'm seeing about 10-20 a week auto generated that I personally haven't created or even updated any passwords during that time. I haven't looked at each of the passwords within these to compare, but I'll do that next time I have to clear out the batch since the length of the drop down selection list in the login fields grows and grows.
vincedean

Postby MisterMcLam » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:11 am

I also get the same thing. Should we all start separate posts and see how far we get? Maybe that will get someone's attention.
MisterMcLam

Postby jpenny84 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:22 am

MisterMcLam Wrote:I also get the same thing. Should we all start separate posts and see how far we get? Maybe that will get someone's attention.

If I see several topics with the same complaint, I will typically merge them all into one thread.
jpenny84

Postby neilireland614 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:59 pm

I have been getting exactly the same problem since I started using last pass over a year ago. I thought it was just me, glad I'm not going mad,.
Any resolution or response for this?
neilireland614

Postby solo9999 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:16 am

I have the same problem on iOS, I contacted Support and they told me to reboot my phone, then never got back to me after I responded that I have already taken all logical steps prior to opening the ticket (e.g. clear cache, reinstall, update etc.). Very disappointed in the LP support here.
solo9999

Postby Ferienne » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:04 pm

I have this exact problem. I have the last pass app on my iPhone (iPhone XS I'm just updating to iOS v 13.4.1 now to see if that makes a difference but unlikely) and the autogenerated passwords appear to be related to using face ID to unlock the app or use face ID to use a password within the app. I'm certainly not requesting these mobile generated passwords. My husband has an android phone without face ID and it doesn't happen to him. Its pretty tedious to have to go through my vault on my PC and delete all the autogenerated, unassigned passwords. I've contacted support today and linked this thread to them so hopefully they'll see this is a wider issue and not just one user.
Ferienne

Next

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting