Invalid password error on android potential solution

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Re: Invalid password error on android potential solution

Postby Amjad992 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:01 pm

IT WORKED, BUT I WOULD ADD 1 POINT TO NOTICE

This really worked, very much thank you to you, I was stuck with this for the past month and support were like just saying forget it about it, we'll fix it when we feel like it.

so what I did is that I followed the steps exactly, with "optional steps", but on my stupidity I created the new account using the same password of the old account and nothing was fixed.

then I thought maybe it's the issue, so I changed password of that new account and repeated from step 2 and didn't work

so decided to restart again so I created a third account, and now with a totally different password, logged in and out twice as mentioned above, logged to old account with with wrong password as above, then finally I had to put my actual password and it worked this time

so just make sure you use different password for your new account and hopefully your issue will be fixed
Amjad992

Postby kb11564 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:07 pm

Many thanks to Gohan8868! His post was perfect; the issue is encryption, and changing the pw iterations reset that variable. Nice work sir!
kb11564

Postby simon492 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:37 pm

1. Open the lastpass app (not website) and create a new account..
2. Log in to this account... For me this worked (obviously this is useless as this new accounts has none of my passwords).
3. Log out and back into this account to make sure you are not getting the error with this one... (not sure if this is necessary but this is the order of steps that worked for me!)
4. Log back in to your actual lastpass account (I typed the wrong password first time and not sure if this is relevant so you may want to try that to 100% replicate what I did!)
5. Log in with the correct password (!!) and ta-da... It works... (for me)

This worked PERFECTLY! Thank you!
simon492

Postby MthokozisiG » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:24 pm

Gohan8868 Wrote:I was having the same/similar issue as everyone here until this morning.
With the 100% correct password; I could log in on any PC whether I downloaded software or the firefox/chrome extension. I could NOT log into my Galaxy S10 until this morning. 8-Mar-2020. I'm posting it here because this is where I came to find a solution to the same issues others are having. I noticed the Customer service reps don't monitor the forums and provide solutions.

What I tried that FAILED:
"Clearing data & cache" in my android settings.

"uninstalled & re-installed" the app.

A full factory reset on my phone.

I even changed my LP master password

Change login offline switch

Changed remember password switch
---------------------------------------------
SOLUTION that worked for ME:

I logged in on PC
I clicked into account settings
I clicked on the general tab
I clicked on advanced settings
I scrolled to "Password iterations"
I changed it from what I had to "100100" I saved/updated. on the PC
It didn't work immediately
I cleared the data/cache in the app settings of my andriod phone
I tried to log back in and it worked instantly.

Please let me know how this works for you guys I hope I can give my frustrating fix to you all.

Finally this is solution that worked for me “100100” on passwords iterations seems to have been the solution it worked right away on my Android phone
MthokozisiG

Postby TheTick » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:12 pm

Changing the password iterations also worked for me. The details were SLIGHTLY different than originally posted.
Here's how it was for me:
Quit and killed LastPass on Android.
I logged in on PC
I entered account settings using lefthand menu at bottom - I suspect any way would work.
--->>>Click the "Advanced" button next to red Update button at bottom of pop-up!!
I changed Password Iterations to 100100 from 5000
When I entered this, PC re-encrypted my vault (although no password change actually occurred)
Cleared Cache/Data on Android.
"Log In" on Android - had to re-enable biometerics
Seems to be working!!

The only REAL difference was looking for the Advanced button - I was expecting password iterations to be easily accessible from the Change Master Password screen, which it was not.
Thanks everyone for this!

SOLUTION that worked for [Gohan]:

I logged in on PC
I clicked into account settings
I clicked on the general tab
I clicked on advanced settings
I scrolled to "Password iterations"
I changed it from what I had to "100100" I saved/updated. on the PC
It didn't work immediately
I cleared the data/cache in the app settings of my andriod phone
I tried to log back in and it worked instantly.

Please let me know how this works for you guys I hope I can give my frustrating fix to you all.
TheTick

Previous

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting