Unlock with biometrics toggle not working

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Unlock with biometrics toggle not working

Postby NCTarheel13237 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:22 pm

Has anyone had trouble with fingerprint ID on android working fine, then disappearing? This happened to me, so I thought that if I disabled the toggle for Unlock with Biometrics and then re-enabled it I would be able to set up the fingerprint ID again. But I can't get the toggle to enable. Other toggles are working fine. Thanks for any suggestions.
NCTarheel13237

Re: Unlock with biometrics toggle not working

Postby Krudsma » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:23 am

Experiencing this exact same issue with a rooted Pixel 2 running Android 8.1.0. Started about a week ago.
Krudsma

Postby Krudsma » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:38 am

Ok, updating to the latest version from the Google Play Store fixed it for me.
Krudsma

Postby sckirk » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:02 pm

I am having the same issue and had my android replaced. I cannot unlock lastpass with biometrics either. Lastpass version 4.11.4.4812. Android version 3.708VZ . When I try to open the biometrics option in Lastpass, a pop up opens up showing a lock with a key in it and says Biometrics Locked. Cancel is th eonly option I have hwn it does this. This is a new phone ( Kyocera).
sckirk

Postby sckirk » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:19 pm

Yes I am having the same issue.
sckirk

Postby sckirk » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:02 pm

I changed to Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge from a Keyocera and I am having the same Bio Metrics issue with Lastpass. The bio Metrics work with other apps on the phone.
sckirk

Postby spontaneousorder » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:00 pm

When you see the screen "Unlock with biometrics" with a picture of padlock with key and CANCEL, that's when you place your thumb (or whatever fingerprint you set up with Android) on the sensor. This will then enable the "Unlock with biometrics" option.

I still can't figure how to get Lastpass to actually let me log in with my fingerprint, though. I still have to keyboard the master password. Anybody?
spontaneousorder

Postby johnandreaii839 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:05 pm

I was having the same trouble. The turn on Biometrics in LP Settings on phone was greyed out. I uninstalled the LP app and reinstalled it. As you log on for the first time, it asks you if you want to enable Biometrics and I said yes. Fixed!!
johnandreaii839

Postby WhatAreTheOdds » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:36 pm

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I have re-enabled biometrics but still have to key in my master pw. It used to work fine for me in the past. Might have to raise a ticket.
WhatAreTheOdds

Postby GillRios » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:47 pm

Hi...I am running beta version 6.2.0.240 on Android 9 Pie on a Note 10+ and with the latest beta release the fingerprint unlock will not work anymore.
When I upgraded the app the unlock quit working. The option in settings was checked, but it no longer functioned. After unchecking the option, when checking again it no longer stays checked.
I have tried reinstalling the app but that made no difference.
GillRios

Next

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting