Chrome crashes after login to LastPass

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, Israel, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Chrome crashes after login to LastPass

Postby Iulienel » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:36 pm

it started about a week ago or so: I click on the ... and it takes me to the Lastpass login page. I login and it goes back to the form. A few seconds later, the entire Chrome closes. When I reopen, it restores the tabs and I stay logged in, but the fact is quite disturbing. Was there a recent change to the plugin? Are there any logs anywhere that I can pull for you?

Thank you,

Iulian
Iulienel

Re: Chrome crashes after login to LastPass

Postby jpenny84 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:12 pm

You will remain logged in as long as the session stays active. The default period is two weeks. You can configure the session to terminate sooner in your extension preferences.

https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass ... ic-log-out
jpenny84

Postby Iulienel » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:00 pm

My concern is the browser crashing right after logging in to Lastpass. It's a very clear connection. As soon as I log in, a few seconds later Chrome shuts down.
Iulienel

Postby mjstod455 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:10 am

I have noticed this as well. I have my LastPass set to log out if the browser closes, so I have to log in again after opening Chrome and restoring pages. This has been happening for a week or so. What I have noticed is that if I log into lastpass by clicking on the "star" on the web site user name line, a new tab opens with the LastPass login screen. The tab closes after logging in, I am taken back to the web site log in page. This is normal. It fills in the user name and password and then when I try to log in, Chrome crashes. Every time. I have to make sure I log in from the extension drop down menu. The user name and password will fill in and I can then log in to the web site. I have the Chrome password manager turned off.
mjstod455

Postby lukaop » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:56 pm

Its happening to me as well. Does anyone know what may be causing this?
lukaop

Postby cfinhas988 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:57 am

Same for me, i am worried for LastPass security and my credential not being stolen,
Kindly update us the issue so we start using the service again.

R Abbas
cfinhas988

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting