changing master password

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, Israel, JoeSiegrist, robyn

changing master password

Postby willi513 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:25 am

Hello,

I haven't been able to change master password from the vault since Sep 10th. It was in the process of encrypting and than the LP extension status changes to yellow and then it dies and goes back to change password page. I have been trying to contact LP but the contact page contact support button is broken.
Anyone else been trying to change master password with success?
Thanks
willi513

Re: changing master password

Postby Dian » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:54 pm

Yes, I just changed master pw, but lost all the passwords and other data for the sites, looks like it's partially encrypted...
Dian

Postby bexsue » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:44 am

Yes, just happened to me too. Customer service/support is HORRIBLE. It's been 4 days and no solution--they just keep writing to me with stuff that doesn't work. What's up?
bexsue

Postby willi513 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:04 am

that's horrible... at least with mine, it failed to change the password and it revert back to old database (I guess). I managed to file a support ticket but haven't heard anything back. Nor did I hear anything after I tweet them. I won't try to change the password until I heard back from LP.
willi513

Postby willi513 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:03 pm

Finally figured it out. the lastpass extension itself is blocking the changing of master password (go figure)....
So i disabled it and the change went through with no drama.
willi513

Postby chaos810 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:56 am

I have the same problem. I fill in the form to change the password and submit it. I get a very quick message "Your LastPass session appears to have expired. Please re-login" and then the original blank change password form appears and the password was not changed. I reported this weeks ago and have been getting no useful help whatsoever. I even had the problem escalated over a week ago and still no response.
This is clearly a bug and needs to be fixed. We don't need a work around just fix the problem.
chaos810

Postby chaos810 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:00 pm

I have two accounts and I can change the password on my test/backup account. This tells me that the bug is account/email address related. Could it be some something to do with 2 factor authentication ?
chaos810

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting