Sharing issue

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, Israel, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Sharing issue

Postby alig31 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:13 am

Hi,

trying to Share a Password...user will not be able to view it.... when I get to the 'Share' window, I add the e-mail, ensure Allow Recipient to View Password is unticked then click 'Share' at bottom right. Nothing happens and I can only cancel.

Any suggestions please.

Regards
Ali
alig31

Re: Sharing issue

Postby alig31 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:31 am

Has it been removed from the free version?
alig31

Postby FlyingHawk » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:39 am

It's working fine on my free account.
Try doing this on a refresh new browser profile with all the default settings and without any other extensions.

Also, just a reminder that LastPass cannot really hide the shared password from the recipient. Don't rely on that "feature". It's a false promise/placebo.
FlyingHawk

Postby sy197 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:34 pm

alig31 Wrote:Hi,

trying to Share a Password...user will not be able to view it.... when I get to the 'Share' window, I add the e-mail, ensure Allow Recipient to View Password is unticked then click 'Share' at bottom right. Nothing happens and I can only cancel.

Any suggestions please.

Regards
Ali

This is happening to me as well.I'm on the FREE version. I've tried accessing through chrome extension and on web browser (internet explorer and chrome). Both the same unable to share.
if anyone has a solution would love to know about it.
sy197

Postby atheow » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:12 am

This is happening to me now, too. (Sep 17, 2019)
I've used this feature a lot in the past and have never had any issue with it before.
I'm running LastPass on Chrome on Windows 10 Pro.
atheow

Postby utahj6136 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:58 am

I've tried on multiple browsers and different computers, cleared cache, reinstalled the addon and reset the browser and the share button refuses to work.

I have:
- Free Version
- Binary component installed
- Version: 4.33.4 Built: Thu Sep 12 2019 00:16:35 GMT+0200 (CEST)

What I found was that it may seem that the extension is conflicting with some other addon that I have installed:
- Ublock Origin
- NoScript
There is a good portion of Firefox users who have these extensions installed as Firefox is the default browser for people to use for privacy.

A few weird behaviors occurred while I was trying to troubleshoot the issue and find out which conflicting add on was causing the issue.

- Anytime on the affected computers when I click the share button in the share dialog after selecting a user to share it with, nothing happens
- If in that share dialog window the text "To share with additional people upgrade to Lastpass Premium" appears below the email of the intended person you share with the share button works correctly
- When trying to figure out why the sharing didn't work and while on another computer after the update to the latest version of lastpass, the text as described above disappeared from the share dialog and the share button stopped working where it was previously working and this was on a computer that has no limits to it's connections, no blocks and no other addons installed.

It looks like Lastpass is aware of the issue but as of the last version which came out last week the problem was still occurring.

It also appears as this is related to the recent measures Lastpass has taken to encourage users to try to purchase a subscription to their service by limiting sharing to one user per site.
utahj6136

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting