No passwords for two page login

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, Israel, JoeSiegrist, robyn

No passwords for two page login

Postby starlighter » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:51 pm

Some of my sites use two pages for login; one for user name and the other for password. I get the login for the user name but is no event does LastPass enter my password on the second page. This means I must take time to locate my password elsewhere. Can this be overcome? Thanks.
starlighter

Re: No passwords for two page login

Postby SpyrosGr » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:51 am

Hi, starlighter
Of course it can be overcome. Read luckyduck's post here:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=328145&start=30
Regards
SpyrosGr

Postby rronaldson859 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:10 am

starlighter, did you get your two page login to work? I looked at luckyduck's post as recommended by SpyrosGr but I can't get that "solution" to work. The site I'm logging on to is a multi-login page for different products which makes it all the more awkward. I'm rather a beginner with LastPass and still on my trial use. It's surprising how many non-standard Logins there are on the Web. Thanks.
rronaldson859

Postby SpyrosGr » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:30 am

Sorry to hear that, rronaldson859. It worked fine for me. Just give it another try and make sure that you select 'Save All Entered Data' BEFORE you submit the form. Read jonat's post here:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=329485&p=1102515&hilit=save+all+entered+data#p1102515
Good luck
SpyrosGr

Postby rronaldson859 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:30 pm

Thanks SpyrosGR. The website I am having problems with is a two page login. I seem to have spent hours fiddling with this and I have a kind of working solution.

The first page has Username field and the second page has a Security Number (selectable by position) field and a Password field. Lastpass doesn't seem to recognise it as a login so I set up an entry using Lastpass/Add Item. I have to fill in the Username and Password fields manually. BTW i never see "Save All Entered Data" but I can Save the form.

Running the Login from a shortcut or from the Vault doesn't automatically fill in any fields on either page from the Vault item. I have to Copy and Paste the Username and Password values into the field boxes. It works but it's clunky.
rronaldson859

Postby SpyrosGr » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:39 pm

I agree, it's not only clunky, but a pain too. You' ll never see 'Save All Entered Data' by filling in fields. It's not a drop down or a pop-up. To access this feature click LP icon in your browser's tool bar, then click 'Add item' and then scroll all the way down to the last entry. There it is, waiting for you to use it properly. Finally, make sure that 'Automatically Fill Login Information' is enabled (LP icon>Account Options>Extension Preferences, under 'General').

PS. Never give up, don't allow the machine to defeat you.
SpyrosGr

Postby rronaldson859 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:52 am

Today one of my credit card logins has moved to a two page login. Perhaps this will become more common in the future.
rronaldson859

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting