Lastpass Chrome extension broken

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Re: Lastpass Chrome extension broken

Postby Biliboss » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:00 pm

I have this issue for my entire life with Lastpass, tried out in Chrome, Opera and Firefox. It's so annoying.
Biliboss

Postby mariocvos399 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:05 am

We suffered from the same issue. I have tried to switch off randomly some other Chrome extensions which I was suspecting from some interference with LP and it looks like the switching off the "Checker Plus for Gmail" extension helped us to fix this strange behavior.
mariocvos399

Postby Swat45 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:44 pm

Same here for many months.

Deleting file at \AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\databases\ works, but such an issue like this, happening for almost 1 year now with no responses from dev team makes me seriously think in dropping off my subscription.

C'mon guys... I can understand this can be a difficult thing to fix, but no response with so many ppl affected is not acceptable.
Swat45

Postby jpenny84 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:23 pm

Swat45 Wrote:Same here for many months.

Deleting file at \AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\databases\ works, but such an issue like this, happening for almost 1 year now with no responses from dev team makes me seriously think in dropping off my subscription.

C'mon guys... I can understand this can be a difficult thing to fix, but no response with so many ppl affected is not acceptable.

There are no responses from the dev team because this forum is primarily for user to user support, and is not actively monitored by LastPass. The ticketing system should be used if one desires a direct response from the company.
jpenny84

Postby andrewmc » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:45 pm

For anyone still having problems with Chrome, I found this article in the LastPass Support area:

https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass ... r-lp010129

The steps outlined in it (uninstalling LastPass, disabling Chrome's password autofill, then installing the LastPass Universal extension) seems to have done the trick for me.

Hope this is of help.
andrewmc

Postby davikings » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:55 am

I uninstalled and reinstalled the extension and it's working for now.
davikings

Postby alec32 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:56 am

Recurring issue here on Windows 10 in Chrome. This is the third time I've had to reinstall recently. We are an Enterprise client.
alec32

Postby davikings » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:25 pm

andrewmc Wrote:For anyone still having problems with Chrome, I found this article in the LastPass Support area:

https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass ... r-lp010129

The steps outlined in it (uninstalling LastPass, disabling Chrome's password auto clicker, then installing the LastPass Universal extension) seems to have done the trick for me.

Hope this is of help.

hey thanks buddy its working for me :)
davikings

Postby sholto486 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:35 am

Hi - here's a FIX for Mac users who find that uninstalling and and reinstalling the Chrome LastPass extension doesn't solve the problem (i.e. the icon is non-responsive)

1. Open Activity Monitor
2. click on CPU
3. Highlight the process name at the top - it should be called something like Google Chrome Render
4. Click the first button on the left - looks like a stop sign with an x in it
5. Force Quit the process
6. You should see a balloon notification in Chrome saying that LastPass has crashed. Click on it to reload
7. You should be able to log in again.

And LastPass - your support is abysmal.
LogMeIn - you really screwed up a good company. Just such a terrible experience.
Enterprise grade software my a$$
-- Sholto
sholto486

Postby michael904 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:06 pm

Happens here as well! :evil:
michael904

PreviousNext

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting