Lastpass Chrome extension broken

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Re: Lastpass Chrome extension broken

Postby Alhena » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:59 am

By the way, when I can make it works (deactivate, activate, etc) I cannot see the password history list. It keeps loading, but displays nothing.
Alhena

Postby ssandy438 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:49 pm

I have been having the same issue with the Lastpass Chrome extension. It will work fine then just stop responding and the only solution I have found is to reinstall the LastPass Chrome extension. It is happening on a Dell Latitude 5590 running Windows 10. Once I reinstall the Extension it will run a week or 2 without issue then it will stop responding, it will no longer do autofills and I have to reinstall the extension. Any ideas on how to resolve this?
ssandy438

Postby davidcheng691 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:53 am

I'm having to uninstall and reinstall about every 2-3 weeks now. OS X 10.13.6 with latest Chrome.
davidcheng691

Postby Chad71 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:31 am

Same here... is LastPass working with Google on this? Any solutions?
I was able to get mine to work again for a short while, but not sure which thing I did that fixed it. Lasted one day.
Chad71

Postby ddelamare515 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:53 pm

I have noticed the same thing in Firefox. The only fix is to remove and re-add the extension. Seems to be related to when the extension updates. Every time it happens to be, I check the plugin last updated and it was usually last updated when I noticed it or the day before.
ddelamare515

Postby jaming » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:39 pm

Hi. This happens to me on multiple computers and in Chrome and Firefox. Plugin becomes unresponsive. It's been happening for about a year. I have opened a few tickets but it never gets fixed.
jaming

Postby Alpaca486 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:14 pm

I have the same problem with LastPass on multiple browsers in Windows (Chrome, Opera, Firefox). The only thing that seems to work is uninstalling and reinstalling the plug-in. My other half does not have this problem on a computer running Linux.
Alpaca486

Postby rsiven » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:02 pm

My wife has this same problem. I don't, and I use Lastpass every day on multiple devices.
rsiven

Postby bob805 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:36 am

Same here ... for about 2 years. I've seen the problem appear on these forums several times and die away do to inactivity ... and no solutions.

In my case, I have 3 computers running latest Windows 10 and latest Chrome browsers. All 3 have similar browser extensions installed. Only 1 of the computers experiences failures. It fails every 3-5 days. I reported it through the "official" reporting mechanism, waited about 5 days and got the following useless answer:

"Sorry for our delay response. Do you have other extension installed alongside LastPass? If so, we would recommend that you have those extensions disabled https://support.google.com/chrome_webst ... 4769?hl=en then have LastPass removed then reinstalled https://lastpass.com/installer to see if the outcome changes. We will await your update."

Then, 2 days later "support" wants to automatically close the problem because with no answer from me they make the incorrect assumption the problem is resolved. (GRRRRRRRRRR!)

I am certain that there is some sort of conflict somewhere on that system, but don't know how to find it. Enabling/disabling other extensions makes no difference. Maybe it is something with sites visited? Maybe it is something with other software installed on the system?

I asked specifically for diagnostic techniques. Does anyone know of logs, or health-check indicators that might be used to narrow down the problem? I'd even be happy with something that shows the extension is "unhappy." As it is, the icon remains red (signed in) and the failure is not obvious until the function is needed ... probably long after whatever conflict happened.

Ideas?

Thanks!
bob805

Postby mothra246 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:59 pm

I'm having this problem every few days.
Similar to everyone else on the thread, LastPass worked fine for years. this started happening a few months ago.
mothra246

PreviousNext

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting