Firefox extension

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Re: Firefox extension

Postby zandresz » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:42 pm

Hi,
I am using FF 69.0.1 (64-bit) and LastPass extension 4.33.4.2. Both FF and the extension report themselves as the latest version. The debugger still shows "Error: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist." error messages.
When can we expect a working version?
Thanks
zandresz

Postby Siege » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:18 am

There are a few threads open regarding this issue and similar. Typically removing LastPass and then installing an older version from the below link will work. I've been having this issue with the latest version of Firefox since LP 4.31.x was released. I have to manually install 4.29.x in order to function. What bugs me further is that even though I disable automatic updates on the extension, it periodically updates itself anyway and I have the issue all over again.

To be clear, the issue for me is:
1/ I click on the LP icon
2/ I then have to accept permissions (again)
3/ I then click on "Sign in" instead of trying to create a new account
4/ I enter my username and password
5/ I am greeted with a grey spinning wheel that never goes further.

Some have reported the issue is only apparent when using combinations of Private Windows and 2fa. I operate both and won't be convinced to discontinue either. What I *will* discontinue soon is using LastPass, despite being a paid Premium user. BitWarden is free, open source, externally security audited, and.... works!

As I've said, there are a number of posts regarding this issue and similar, and so far LastPass don't seem to have given any of them much (or even any) consideration.

I, and many others, would appreciate some kind of response from the LP developers.
Siege

Postby Siege » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:49 pm

^^ the link I promised and forgot to include:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/
Siege

Postby danders » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:42 am

I've been struggling with the Firefox extension being severely broken for a few weeks, though I'm not sure if the behavior I am seeing is the same as what I have seen others describe. When clicking the Lastpass icon, only a tiny, empty popup would show, then all web pages would be unable to load until I disabled the extension. Well, I get the impression that Lastpass is intercepting the page while it loads to inspect it and modify the form fields, but is hanging on some request which prevents the page load from completing.

I do not run private browsing all the time, so I the workaround posted in the pinned support post did not apply to me. However, I found another workaround that is viable for me until this has been properly fixed - from the Firefox addons page, click the Lastpass extension, scroll all the way to the bottom, and change the "Run in Private Windows" option from "Allow" to "Don't allow". It seems that passwords could still be copied from a non-private session into a private one if needed this way, though it is not ideal.
danders

Re: Firefox extension fails to authenticate

Postby access603 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:00 pm

Version: 4.33.0 Built: Fri Sep 06 2019 19:15:21 GMT+0000 Binary Component: false
Firefox quantum 69.0.1 (64-bit) (also most current edition of Chrome)

Attempting to login to LP extension from Chrome (primary browser), not working.
Enter password, click OK, like I never did anything.
I can switch to Edge and it works ok. The LP History in Edge shows no attempts other than Edge, as well as stuff I did in that edge session. Suggests LP Chrome and Firefox browser extension don't even attempt contact with LP.com to authenticate.

Try again...
I closed Edge, uninstalled Chrome and rebooted .
I installed firefox from Mozilla.
Using Mozilla firefox, Lastpass is the only extension installed (privacy badger installed, but disabled)
Enter password, click OK, AGAIN like I never did anything.
Launch Edge again, works perfectly. (same thing as before)

The only browser settings changes of note, after multiple failed attempts, turned the proxy from "use system settings" to "off" (no proxy). No impact.
PLEASE don't make me switch to Edge. I'll go buy a Macintosh.
access603

Postby AmberAle » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:57 am

Me too. Firefox android 68.1.1
I also have the app installed
Prompts me to trust and then login and nothing happens when I tap login.
AmberAle

Postby DaveQB » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:15 pm

Same issue here.

My solution is to restart Firefox. I found today, I can remove and add the extension to save having to restart Firefox.

I never had this issues before Lastpass was bought by Logmein :-(
DaveQB

Postby h120917 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:24 pm

I've been having this issue for months. I'm truly stunned that it hasn't been fixed.

The process goes:

I install Lastpass extension.
I restart Firefox.
Eventually, one of the times I start Firefox, it is completely unable to fetch any pages. From this point on the only thing that fixes it is uninstalling Lastpass and restarting the browser.
Firefox is able to fetch pages again.

I've disabled every other plugin, the issue is with the Lastpass plugin specifically.

I sometimes wonder whether my use of Bleachbit interferes with the Lastpass binary component.
h120917

Postby dietrich » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:29 am

Having more or less the same issue here. Nothing is able to load until I close the Firefox window (on Mac) and open a new one, but that doesn't fix the LastPass extension. That one is not able to login and proceeds to show a blank popup. Removing and reinstalling the extension seems to fix it for a while.
dietrich

Previous

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting