Unable to change / autogenerate password

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, Israel, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Unable to change / autogenerate password

Postby iain786 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:35 am

I've just installed LastPass today and thought it was working great.

That is until I tried to use it to change my PayPal and Dropbox passwords.

Both failed.

Both locked me out of those accounts. I had too manually enter my current password because there was no way of getting LastPass to. I then could not autogenerate a new password using the button at the end of the New Password box.

So I tried to manually generate one and copy paste it to the box.

This work but then when I saved the new password the site continued but I WAS NOT presented with a 'would you like to update your LastPass information for this site?' message - leaving me with a new, 32 character password from LastPass in my PayPal and Dropbox accounts that I had NO IDEA what it was. I've had to contact both sites, explain the situation, as ask them to reset my password for me.

So far LastPass is no more than a glorified address book for my passwords and VERY disappointing. Can anyone help me please?
iain786

Re: Unable to change / autogenerate password

Postby skipper » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:08 am

I am also having trouble with passwords. For a time the generate password button was still present but the password box would never display a password. I too have generated and updated my password on a site only to have it go unnoticed by LastPass leaving me with a password I do not know.
skipper

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting