Sharing is not working

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, Israel, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: Sharing is not working

Postby neild372 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:49 am

This issue sucks - have not seen any meaningful solution for Chrome.....so what do we do here??? Sick of lost of productivity and loss of business here...
neild372

Postby neild372 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:24 pm

Does LaSTPASS Admin even care about this issue? I seriously can't believe this matter seems to coast along unaddressed. Perhaps its a ruse to sabotage LP and get us to ditch LP and use competitors...?
neild372

Postby smithclarkson1 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:11 am

I m also getting the same problem regarding such things
smithclarkson1

Postby donahso » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:36 pm

Found a work-around. Using your browser, log in to the LastPass website. Go to your vault and from there you can 'share'. Just did this and the person I shared to received the email and has accepted. Hope they fix this so it again works with browser add-ons.
donahso

Postby GetItTogetherLastPass » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:31 pm

You know what's awesome. When you are actually able to share something (when sharing isn't broken) to then find out that user's who are shared the site can't make any changes to the notes. Keep in mind LastPass doesn't stop them from making the changes, it makes the changes for that user and just doesn't update the owners site. What's the worst that can happen? Maybe answers to security questions being completely lost, account information nuked? At least I didn't share a couple dozen sites before support told me it's not a feature.

Another fun fact, is that if the owner saves changes on the same shared site, it will completely overwrite anything the shared user had saved previously.

I have a ton of cleanup to do across my organization now, and have to kick off a trial of dashlane because we absolutely need this feature.
GetItTogetherLastPass

Postby glass2s » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:10 pm

I cannot get it to work anywhere..... private window, typing the email in.... standing on my head in a pink bunny suit.

Has anybody found a reliable workaround. I will use whatever browser.... tried chrome, FF, edge from the main page log in and extension.
glass2s

Previous

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting