Sharing is not working

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Re: Sharing is not working

Postby HerbyWild » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:38 am

Same issue here. No visible errors when attempting to share but same issue as per MythicDoctor's comment on page 1above. Have cleared cache within Chrome but no luck with sharing.
HerbyWild

Postby sarah64 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:05 pm

I have the same problem (I can't share anything new). This has been a problem for at least 3-4 months, enough that I need to consider moving away from LP
I'm using chrome and I've disabled all my security extensions for the Lastpass site. I've tried it in safari and chrome incognito. Nada
sarah64

Postby kleos » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:21 am

I found the problem and notified support but it looks like they still haven't fixed the issue.

The problem is with the dropdown selection. If you actually type out the user's email address and don't select it from the drop down menu when sharing, the sharing functionality works.

I emailed support about it afew weeks ago, but didn't hear back. If you look at the console in developer tools, you can see that there's a javascript error when selecting a value/email from the dropdown picker.

SOLUTION:
TYPE OUT THE EMAIL YOU WANT TO SHARE WITH AND HIT THE SHARE BUTTON! DO NOT SELECT A VALUE FROM DROPDOWN MENU ON THE INPUT!
kleos

Postby admin262 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:17 am

I was able to make it work by using the mouse as recommended by kleos. My situation slightly different, the person to whom I was sharing had previously shared to me so when I started typing in their email address in the "share to" box the dropdown appeared with that person's email prefilled. I ignored the prefill and typed the full email, then I used the mouse to click the checkbox that says "make password visible" (which was partially obscured by the dropdown). Then I clicked on the Share button and it worked. BTW I am using the FF extension. There may be a memory issue - I have a lot of tabs open and FF is taking up the bulk of my memory.
admin262

Postby TaviaR » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:40 pm

I also had the problem of the "Share" button doing nothing, in both Chrome and FireFox, whether in the extension or on the web site.
To work around the problem I had to do the following:
1) Use FireFox in Incognito mode (also know as a "Private Window")
2) Type in the email address of the recipient instead of choosing from the drop-down, and then hitting the Enter key.

This is super-annoying and really needs to be fixed. :x
TaviaR

Postby redpanda » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:51 pm

I was having the same issue when sharing materials to a new recipient. The first item shared, but the 2nd would not. I was able to cancel the first invitation and then send both items simultaneously. I suspect this is because LastPass probably only allows having one "invitation" at the same time.

Hope this helps someone.
redpanda

Postby strIONce » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:42 am

Sharing has not been working for MONTHS. The same bug has been affecting my colleagues ability to share as well for MONTHS. How does a password management business whose main products are browser extensions have a broken browser extension??? Furthermore, despite forums like this and the bug being easily replicated, there hasn't been an acknowledgement of this bug at all by the company. I'm a developer and this honestly boggles my mind - how can your main product be broken and 1) you don't fix it, and 2) you don't acknowledge it when customers are begging for it to be fixed. Are you purposely trying to fail? I want to stay with LastPass but you have FORCED me to move to a competitor. Instead of saving me time and energy with managing my passwords, now I have had to spend much time transferring over all my credentials to a competitor. Same goes for my colleagues that use Lastpass.
strIONce

Postby ckoppelman104 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:05 am

This issue has also affected me. The answer I found here works: viewtopic.php?t=342115&start=20#p1161755. However, I didn't need to use Privacy Mode (Firefox).

So the summary of the steps are: Type in the person's email address and do not select it from the dropdown.
ckoppelman104

Postby alyk14 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:55 pm

same issue with Safari, Firefox and in the desktop app, as well as on the website. There's no way to "not use the drop down menu," as entering the email address, if previously shared with, has the exact same effect as selecting from drop down—adds the address to a list. wow bummer yeah it's been months now.
alyk14

Postby dmb879 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:09 pm

Still having the issue on Chrome. I disabled my ad blocker and made sure to type the email of the recipient, rather than accepting the auto complete suggestion. It worked, but really that's a lot of hoops to have to jump through for something that has worked easily in the past.

LastPast admins, please fix this bug.
dmb879

PreviousNext

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting