Sharing is not working

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Re: Sharing is not working

Postby brandoncw » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:38 pm

I am having the same issue re: when I try to share a pw with someone else it does not do anything when I hit enter with the mouse.

It does not work:

2) In my Firefox extension

3) I tried logging into the web interface and sharing and that does not work either.

LastPass support, PLEASE HELP!
brandoncw

Postby renich » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:30 am

It seems is a javascript error. Some dialog isn't found. I hope they fix this soon.

Code: Select All Code
Page: chrome-extension://hdokiejnpimakedhajhdlcegeplioahd/vault.html Error: dialog is not defined
ReferenceError: dialog is not defined
    at ShareDialog.validate (chrome-extension://hdokiejnpimakedhajhdlcegeplioahd/shareDialog.js:1:8048)
    at ShareDialog.Dialog.performValidate (chrome-extension://hdokiejnpimakedhajhdlcegeplioahd/dialog.js:1:25463)
    at ShareDialog.Dialog.submit (chrome-extension://hdokiejnpimakedhajhdlcegeplioahd/dialog.js:1:26459)
    at HTMLButtonElement.<anonymous> (chrome-extension://hdokiejnpimakedhajhdlcegeplioahd/dialog.js:1:10361)
    at HTMLButtonElement.dispatch (chrome-extension://hdokiejnpimakedhajhdlcegeplioahd/jquery-3.2.1.min.js:3:10316)
    at HTMLButtonElement.q.handle (chrome-extension://hdokiejnpimakedhajhdlcegeplioahd/jquery-3.2.1.min.js:3:8343)
logError @ platform.js:1
logException @ platform.js:1
Dialog.submit @ dialog.js:1
(anonymous) @ dialog.js:1
dispatch @ jquery-3.2.1.min.js:3
q.handle @ jquery-3.2.1.min.js:3
renich

Postby Gr3yGh0st » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:14 pm

+1 on this. It does not work in Chrome, Internet Explorer, Edge, Apple App or direct login online.
Gr3yGh0st

Postby fj949 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:51 pm

Hi Guys,

I had the same problem with the share button not working. What you need to do is to open up the lastpass vault in incognito or a Private window if you are using firefox. When you share credentials make sure you type out the email address and not select from the drop-down that shows up if you have previously shared with a person. Once you've typed it out just press enter, once or twice. It will do the share.
fj949

Postby Gr3yGh0st » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:31 pm

fj949 Wrote:Hi Guys,

I had the same problem with the share button not working. What you need to do is to open up the lastpass vault in incognito or a Private window if you are using firefox. When you share credentials make sure you type out the email address and not select from the drop-down that shows up if you have previously shared with a person. Once you've typed it out just press enter, once or twice. It will do the share.

Confirmed, this worked for me. Thanks for the workaround.
Gr3yGh0st

Postby JohnD200 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:35 pm

I have the same issue. I tried to remove the user and because they never received or logged in, I can't remove them. After some interaction with LastPass customer service. I looked at it again today and I showed up as "accepted". But they couldn't see the entry in their LastPass account. I then went to remove it (so I could resend it); nope it showed he needed to login once. That is completely stupid. So, do I need to create a new entry and then delete the old one?
JohnD200

Postby user646 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:03 am

Still having issues with sharing. Nothing happens when I click "Share".

Have tried disabling Ad Blocker and other extensions. Not working on either Firefox or Chrome (latest versions).

How long will this take to resolve? Looks like it's been going on since August.
user646

Postby condyle » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:26 pm

I can confirm that the sharing dialog box does not accept input. Clicking ok doesn't produce results and nothing is shared. THis is true whether sharing is initiated from in or out of the sharing center in the LastPass web portal. This behavior is true in Firefox and in Chrome.
condyle

Postby SDvSBvuieb8orvaehr » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:15 am

Same. I click the share button and nothing happens. super annoying.
SDvSBvuieb8orvaehr

Postby ew584 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:41 am

This issue is now 2 weeks old and nothing happend so far^^
ew584

PreviousNext

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting