Autogenerate password asks to update password twice

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, Israel, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Autogenerate password asks to update password twice

Postby thaigq » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:22 pm

Hi all,

Not sure if anyone else has encountered this behavior, but I have been trying to get better at using the autogenerate password feature so I have unique and more secure passwords for all of my logins.

When I generate a password using LastPass, it asks me if I want to update the password for the site BEFORE I click on the update/save button on the website. The password to be updated is the new password that was autogenerated by LastPass.

However, after clicking update/save on the website to update my password, after the page has redirected me, LastPass pops up again to ask if I want to update my password. Upon inspection, I found out that it now wants to update the password for the site using the OLD password I just changed from.

Out of curiosity, of course I accept just to see what happens. :D After logging out, I find that it is indeed the old password and no longer valid so that I am locked out of the site until I reset my password again.

I assume this is not the behavior that was intended and wanted to highlight the issue for the devs. Otherwise, I love the product!

Cheers,
Ekapob
thaigq

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting