Lastpass button crashing in Chrome

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, Israel, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Lastpass button crashing in Chrome

Postby jackbp » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:42 am

For the past few weeks the LastPass button in the Chrome extension keeps crashing (i.e. I click on it but nothing drops down) - even if I'm logged in and the icon is red, when I go to a page that would otherwise autofill, LastPass does not do this and right clicking and selecting LastPass doesn't work either (I can't select or see any option from right clicking on a form fill).

The only way to fix this is to uninstall the Chrome Plug-In and re-install it, though this only seems to fix the problem for a few hours before it crashes again.

I am seeing this issue re-occur on up to 3 completely different computers which would suggest there is an issue with the Chrome / Lastpass plugin.

Please fix this - LastPass is becoming unusable given the number of times I have to uninstall and reinstall it daily.
jackbp

Re: Lastpass button crashing in Chrome

Postby cavikah273 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:37 pm

I'm having the exact same issue and it is really annoying having to uninstall and re-install so frequently to get access to your vault and password information. If this is a bug or something, please have it fixed immediately or else I will have to seek other options. And this is only happening to me so far. We have a team of 80+ individuals worldwide plus all of our clients are encouraged to use LastPass. If this continues we will all have to switch over to another available solution out there.
cavikah273

Postby jackbp » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:38 pm

We have a team of over 40 using LastPass at the moment - it's started happening to one or two more people (less frequently but exact same symptoms), so it's definitely not an isolated incident. I too will start looking at alternatives soon for the whole company if it's not resolved soon.
jackbp

Postby gillweb623 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:55 pm

Same issue. Just started a few days ago. Any answers on this??
gillweb623

Lastpass chrome extension no longer working

Postby lisa123 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:44 pm

Lastpass extension no longer working.

We have uninstall the extension and install again. Works great for 5 min and then it happens again. When you click on the laspass icon it is unresponsive, you cannot even log in. We even uninstall chrome and installed again. Same result

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=341735
Looks like this is a recent issue and others are experiencing this issue as well.
lisa123

Re: Lastpass chrome extension no longer working

Postby pbel552 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:12 am

I have the same issue as this. I can log in but as soon as I do the add-in stops responding.

If I remove and install the add-in it will work or the current session but then stops again after restarting the browser.

This has been going on since June for me.
pbel552

Postby rob13 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:29 am

This has been going on for over 2 months - super annoying. I believe it's been since Chrome updated version. Used to work seamlessly, now when we update passwords we get an error message.
rob13

Postby rob13 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:37 am

Has anyone received an answer on this? It's been way too long.... should have been resolved by now
rob13

Postby icashootnstar » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:21 pm

I, too have been having this problem for a couple of months now. I've repeatedly run the Repair function form Chrome. A few days later it happens again.
icashootnstar

Postby gijoe » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:43 pm

LastPass Chrome extension does not work in Chrome unless you uninstall and reinstall, which eventually goes out again for me as well...
gijoe

Next

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting