Restore administrator access to shared folder

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, Israel, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Restore administrator access to shared folder

Postby davidchrlsjones229 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:06 pm

Hi, I foolishly just removed everyone's access to a shared families folder, INCLUDING MYSELF (the administrator), and so now I cannot see the folder, and neither can anyone else. I submitted a trouble ticket, but I am afraid that the folder might get deleted before support gets to it. (The folder currently does not show up in deleted folders.) Is there anything I can do to restore my access to this folder?

BTW, I think that it should not be possible for an administrator to remove him/her-self from access to a shared folder like I foolishly did.
davidchrlsjones229

Lost administrator access to shared folder

Postby davidchrlsjones229 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:51 pm

The following facts are relevant to what I am posting here.

1) I am the Family Manager of my Family account.

2) I created a shared folder many months ago. I was the Administrator of that folder. I successfully shared that folder with several family members. We have been using that folder a lot, it is very important to us.

3) By accident, on 8/12/2019 I changed the Permission for that folder to No Access for all family members, INCLUDING MYSELF (the Administrator of that folder).

4) After making that change I can no longer see that folder in my vault. This is worse than accidentally deleting the folder, because the folder does not appear in my Deleted Shared Folders or my Deleted Items. I cannot find it anywhere.

5) I have filed two trouble tickets asking for help, but the agents basically respond by stating that they do not believe me, because this behavior (an Administrator removing his own access to a shared folder) would be a bug. The agents then ignore all subsequent messages from me.

6) I am desperately trying to get LastPass to restore my access to this folder, but so far to no avail.
davidchrlsjones229

Re: Restore administrator access to shared folder

Postby jpenny84 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:59 pm

You should probably contact support directly for individual assistance.

https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass ... s-lp010121
jpenny84

Re: Restore administrator access to shared folder

Postby davidchrlsjones229 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:03 pm

I have submitted two trouble tickets but they are basically being ignored. The agents seem to think that the situation I describe is not possible, but it certainly is.
davidchrlsjones229

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting