roboform import

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

roboform import

Postby Tuck » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:21 pm

What is meant by "content" when I try to import from roboform? a cvs file? or the rtf files?
Thanks
Tuck
Tuck

Re: roboform import

Postby captainentropy » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:18 am

It isn't clear is it from the import option. It's addressed here https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/how-do-i-import-from-roboform-lp010041

But it's a bit misleading because you have to go through a CSV either way. My suggestion (based on what I had to do) was as follows:

1) export your Roboform database to a CSV file.
    2) open the CSV in Excel (or equivalent spreadsheet program)
    3) delete the "MatchURL", "Note", and "Rf_fields" columns, then rename the "Login" field header to "username", "Pwd" to "password", and "Folder" to "grouping" (if you don't have entries grouped in folders you can just delete the column). Column order is not important, just the field header.
Note: step 3 is crucial because Roboform exports column headers as:
Name,Url,MatchUrl,Login,Pwd,Note,Folder,Rf_fields

but LastPass expects:
Name,url,username,password,extra,name,grouping,fav

If you just paste in the CSV as exported from Roboform it will only import the Name and URL fields as that's all that will match their import scheme.

Once you hit "upload" LastPass should then recognize either all of your exported data or whatever individual entry you wish to import. LastPass needs to address this in their import routine as it is not explicitly stated.
captainentropy

Re: roboform import

Postby captainentropy » Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:13 am

It isn't clear is it from the import option. It's addressed here https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/how-do-i-import-from-roboform-lp010041

But it's a bit misleading because you have to go through a CSV either way. My suggestion (based on what I had to do) was as follows:

1) export your Roboform database to a CSV file.
    2) open the CSV in Excel (or equivalent spreadsheet program)
    3) delete the "MatchURL", "Note", and "Rf_fields" columns, then rename the "Login" field header to "username", "Pwd" to "password", and "Folder" to "grouping" (if you don't have entries grouped in folders you can just delete the column). Column order is not important, just the field header.
Note: step 3 is crucial because Roboform exports column headers as:
Name,Url,MatchUrl,Login,Pwd,Note,Folder,Rf_fields

but LastPass expects:
Name,url,username,password,extra,name,grouping,fav

If you just paste in the CSV as exported from Roboform it will only import the Name and URL fields as that's all that will match their import scheme.

Once you hit "upload" LastPass should then recognize either all of your exported data or whatever individual entry you wish to import. LastPass needs to address this in their import routine as it is not explicitly stated.
captainentropy

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting