Lastpass freezes Firefox on startup

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, Israel, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: Lastpass freezes Firefox on startup

Postby JoeSiegrist » Fri May 14, 2010 11:27 am

What happens in future updates?
I won't update LP if it will screw FF up again, so I will have to cling on to this fix until that it is certain that an LP update won't screw it up!

Yes, I'd like to work with you to resolve this problem if possible, is there a time today I could control your computer with GoToMeeting?
JoeSiegrist

Postby sanpico80 » Sun May 16, 2010 8:30 pm

Same here. It is a problem with LP and it is not solved. It makes its use impossible with FF running in windows 7 x64 (in my case). I uninstall FF & reinstalled but the problem persists. The version : https://lastpass.com/lp_no_bin.xpi . it is slow and it could not work on same web pages.

I think that LP is a great program if it works. Hope a solution will be found soon. Meanwhile go back to Password Safe , stand alone program, easy to use, free , allows importing of pws etc. etc.
sanpico80

Postby stephenm00 » Mon May 17, 2010 3:39 pm

sanpico80 Wrote:Same here. It is a problem with LP and it is not solved. It makes its use impossible with FF running in windows 7 x64 (in my case). I uninstall FF & reinstalled but the problem persists. The version : https://lastpass.com/lp_no_bin.xpi . it is slow and it could not work on same web pages.

I think that LP is a great program if it works. Hope a solution will be found soon. Meanwhile go back to Password Safe , stand alone program, easy to use, free , allows importing of pws etc. etc.

I am also getting this problem, thankfully the lp_no_bin seems to work.
stephenm00

Postby hagahaga » Wed May 26, 2010 2:56 am

Same problem here, Firefox freezes with the latest Lastpass extension (1.68.2), on 2 different computers! I'm using Windows 7 64bit (both systems).

lp_no_bin.xpi seems to work, but this problem should be resolved properly...

Thanks!
hagahaga

Postby PikachuEXE » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:06 am

007Magnus Wrote:
JoeSiegrist Wrote:Please try https://lastpass.com/lp_no_bin.xpi for now, and I'm still trying to hook up with someone having this problem as it's quite rare.

Tried it, and it worked(At least for four restarts of FF)!
That one should be obligatory!

BUT!

What happens in future updates?
I won't update LP if it will screw FF up again, so I will have to cling on to this fix until that it is certain that an LP update won't screw it up!

That plugin really fix the startup freezing problem, but why does it happen?
I really hope the next update will fix it and the bug will be explained.
PikachuEXE

Postby lschaef » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:17 pm

So far the lp_no_bin.xpi version seems to be working. Took a lot of trial and error to find the plugin causing the problem!
lschaef

Postby hagahaga » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:32 am

just updated to the new LastPass 1.69.0 (regular version): still the same problems: firefox freezes... reinstalled lg_no_bin.xpi, then it works.

Why can't these problems be solved?
hagahaga

Postby JoeSiegrist » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:15 pm

hagahaga Wrote:Why can't these problems be solved?

Because there's only a handful of people in the world that have them -- if you have 10 other computers I bet the other 9 work properly. If someone is willing to let us use their computer for a full day we can probably fix it.
JoeSiegrist

Postby hagahaga » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:52 pm

Because there's only a handful of people in the world that have them -- if you have 10 other computers I bet the other 9 work properly

I have this problem with 2 different computers (both with Windows 7 64bit), so I doubt it is that unusual...
hagahaga

Postby JackBaxter » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:05 pm

JoeSiegrist Wrote:
hagahaga Wrote:Why can't these problems be solved?

Because there's only a handful of people in the world that have them -- if you have 10 other computers I bet the other 9 work properly. If someone is willing to let us use their computer for a full day we can probably fix it.

I'd give you access to one of my computers where this happens all the time, but if that's the way you talk to your customers then screw it.

I'm outta here.

Too bad, because I've heard a lot of good things about LP.
JackBaxter

PreviousNext

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting