Firefox: Cannot save new password!

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, Israel, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Firefox: Cannot save new password!

Postby darkness » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:50 pm

When I generate a new password, and then Lastpass offers to save it, I click the "yes, please save the password" button but that gives me an error dialog "Error: Invalid Response".

When I try to manually save a new site entry with the password, I get the same error, in an error bar across the top of the page.

I am using Firefox.

Obviously, not being able to save my passwords to Lastpass is a serious problem.
darkness

Re: Firefox: Cannot save new password!

Postby darkness » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:40 pm

I contacted support, and discovered that uninstalling and reinstalling the LastPass plugin fixed this problem.
darkness

Postby DebbieKat » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:44 pm

Thank you! I had submitted a ticket and no one has responded on it yet. Trying out your suggestion now.
DebbieKat

Postby TH » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:21 am

I have the same problem with firefox. Uninstall + reinstall is a drastic thing to do. Makes you wonder if you should trust your passwords to this flaky product which can't get even simple things right.

Creating a folder doesn't work for me either.
TH

Postby TH » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:43 am

Quitting & restarting firefox got lastpass working again - was able to edit password. Creating folders was another story. Created two folders as sub-folders of an existing folder. While I did not get errors, the new folders were not displayed. May be I need to restart firefox again. Another sign of flakiness.
TH

Postby TH » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:09 am

It's better to do all manual changes on lastpass.com and have the plugin sync with lastpass.com. When you open the vault it may not be synced, but if you hit firefox's refresh button, it should sync.

lastpass.com can behave weird as well. Creating a folder actually created it, but it showed a dialog box with a busy cursor.
TH

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting