Can't update chrome extension

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Can't update chrome extension

Postby chromeuser19348534 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:34 pm

I'm using lastpass in chrome on windows 10. The extension icon turned yellow a few days ago, saying there is an update available. I pressed update and resumed working. A couple of hours late the update still wasn't done. I tried to remove the extension and reinstall it from the chrome app store thinking I will install the latest version this way, but I still need to up it. The update still gets stuck. There's no information on the UI, it just says one moment: lastpass is updating. I tried running the browser as admin to no avail and checking the console for any errors, but there was nothing.
How can I get this update working?
chromeuser19348534

Re: Can't update chrome extension

Postby Bex » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:38 pm

chromeuser19348534 Wrote:I'm using lastpass in chrome on windows 10. The extension icon turned yellow a few days ago, saying there is an update available. I pressed update and resumed working. A couple of hours late the update still wasn't done. I tried to remove the extension and reinstall it from the chrome app store thinking I will install the latest version this way, but I still need to up it. The update still gets stuck. There's no information on the UI, it just says one moment: lastpass is updating. I tried running the browser as admin to no avail and checking the console for any errors, but there was nothing.

Hi,

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling your Chrome browser then attempting to reinstall the LastPass extension again? Please try this and let know how it goes.

-Bex
Bex
Site Admin

Postby OrwellBoxer » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:16 am

Bex Wrote:
chromeuser19348534 Wrote:I'm using lastpass in chrome on windows 10. The extension icon turned yellow a few days ago, saying there is an update available. I pressed update and resumed working. A couple of hours late the update still wasn't done. I tried to remove the extension and reinstall it from the chrome app store thinking I will install the latest version this way, but I still need to up it. The update still gets stuck. There's no information on the UI, it just says one moment: lastpass is updating. I tried running the browser as admin to no avail and checking the console for any errors, but there was nothing.

Hi,

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling your Chrome browser then attempting to reinstall the LastPass extension again? Please try this and let know how it goes.

-Bex

Hi Bex. I tried your method but it doesn't work. Also my lastpass extension in firefox has the same issue. Do you have any idea to get this update working in both firefox and chrome?
OrwellBoxer

Postby LuizS » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:31 pm

LastPass update is broken. I use Firefox. Tired of the "One Moment... LastPass is updating." This is not the first, or second, or third complain.
Do something about it!
LuizS

Postby nosy2 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:40 am

I have contacted Lastpass support on this (Premium) and they have given me nothing except to uninstall and reinstall which doesn't work.
nosy2

Postby nosy2 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:42 am

I see there is a notice about secure notes - I wonder if that is "blocking" the update of the Vault. It looks as though the update is modifying the format of the Vault on a server...., it is running through all the items and then gets stuck.

Anyway, now escalated to Level 2 support - we will see.
nosy2

Postby eddiesmo » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:41 am

Hi, I'm getting the same probelm.
It happens on multiple machines, on chrome.
it says "one moment, lastpass is updating" but the loading bar is stuck for many minutes now.
eddiesmo

Postby tnstoyanov » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:25 am

Same on my end, folks. Win10, Chrome Version 76.0.3809.87 (Official Build) (64-bit). Uninstalling Chrome plus wiping out Chrome data and then reinstalling Chrome won't help. Progress bar gets stuck at like 25% up here. On both my PCs. Seems like a known issue.
tnstoyanov

Extension update is stuck

Postby eddiesmo » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:56 am

See the reports in this post:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=338545

I can confirm it happens to me on multiple machines and both chrome and firefox.

Thanks!
eddiesmo

Postby bluesquared » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:16 pm

Not working for me either. Similar symptoms as described above. Win 10, Chrome
bluesquared

Next

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting