Import from Roboform issue

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantie, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Import from Roboform issue

Postby tokjdm » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:30 am

I created the htlm file as required but LasPass fails to recognize the correct number of passwords. It proposes only to import the first 109 passwords. Password 109 includes some Unicode words (Japanese). I do not know what is the reason. I do not want to delete this password and recreate a html list. Is there a way around the problem? I do not know how to edit the htlm file.
tokjdm

Re: Import from Roboform issue

Postby JoeSiegrist » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:48 am

tokjdm wrote:I created the htlm file as required but LasPass fails to recognize the correct number of passwords. It proposes only to import the first 109 passwords. Password 109 includes some Unicode words (Japanese). I do not know what is the reason. I do not want to delete this password and recreate a html list. Is there a way around the problem? I do not know how to edit the htlm file.

Can you export just that entry, remove your sensitive data from it (password) and send it to support@lastpass.com ?

We'll see if we can fix it.
JoeSiegrist

Postby tokjdm » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:35 am

How should I do that? There is no export function in Roboform
tokjdm

Postby JoeSiegrist » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:39 am

tokjdm wrote:How should I do that? There is no export function in Roboform

You can follow the instructions for importing into roboform: LastPass Icon -> Tools -> Import -> Roboform That should give you the file to scrub to send us -- though you may want to simply try importing again as a Roboform import bug was fixed today.
JoeSiegrist

Postby tokjdm » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:38 am

Sorry but I do not want to send my passwords to anyone.
I tried again to import but exactly the same problem happens at exactly the same location.
I don't know how you got the reviews you are getting but congratulations. For me, you are out of my system. I have not enough time on my hand to test your software.
tokjdm

Postby h0pc » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:00 am

tokjdm wrote:Sorry but I do not want to send my passwords to anyone.
I tried again to import but exactly the same problem happens at exactly the same location.
I don't know how you got the reviews you are getting but congratulations. For me, you are out of my system. I have not enough time on my hand to test your software.

Sometimes you have to invest a little time up front in order to save tons of time on the back end. There a A LOT of former roboform users here...trust us...LP is a far superior program.

-E
h0pc

Postby JoeSiegrist » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:09 am

tokjdm wrote:Sorry but I do not want to send my passwords to anyone.

You aren't sending your passwords -- everything is encrypted done _locally_, including all import and export operations, even on the website, everywhere, always with LastPass.

There seems to be a general disconnect about how we operate here, to put it plainly there is absolutely no way for you to send us your password unless you email them to us, or put it into a feedback mechanism. We take every precaution so that your sensitive data NEVER leaves your computer unencrypted with a key that LastPass does not have. Does that mean that writing import and export functions are 10 times harder? Yes, it's a lot more work, but we do it because we at LastPass NEVER want to be in the position that we have ANYONE's password.

https://lastpass.com/privacy.php

We'll see if we can augment the instructions to remind people that their data will be encrypted locally with their Master Password hash before being sent to LastPass.
JoeSiegrist

TO tokjdm

Postby shishi » Sun May 31, 2009 12:10 pm

>>tokjdm

まぁもう見てないとは思いますけど一応。

日本語の文字で困っているとのことですが、日本人ですか?
私で良ければもう一度何が分からないのか聞きますよ。
あ、あと機械翻訳でしょうが英語で結構きついこと言ってますので気をつけた方が良いですよ。
shishi

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting