Mac OS App + extension = terrible experience

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, Israel, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: Mac OS App + extension = terrible experience

Postby mrtvocich » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:50 pm

Hello everyone and thanks for creating this thread. It has been now several months that I am experiencing this totally frustrating and shitful performance of LastPass on Mac and Safari. If I paid them for it, I'm just pissed off. It doesn't fill forms, doesn't even show saved logins on the site, doesn't let the OS to shut down, doesn't remember the settings for new password generation and as a bonus absolutely confusing Czech translation (why do you offer translations that are shit? I honestly wonder what your managers in the HQ are thinking of. Let's give them completely fucked up translatins, yaaaay!).

I start to doubt if LastPass is actually still a reliable password manager when their coders can not solve those elementary functional problems. Atrocious.

MacOS 10.13.6, Safari 12.1.1, LastPass 4.31.1 (674), the latest release, downloaded and installed completely clean today, 30.7.2019. The issues, how else, persist.

mrtvocich
mrtvocich

Postby lackitup » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:34 pm

Having the same problems on mac and using safari. It has been basically useless for 3 to 4 months now. Will not auto fill, will not even open anymore. Need to cut and paste after opening last pass. I am a premium user, my mac is up to date for op-sys and safari. A once great app has become just an annoyance to use. Mojave 10.14.5, Safari 12.1.1. Terrible experience getting worse.
lackitup

Postby gordonf46 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:27 pm

A previously-reliable application has gone down the tubes. Despite multiple updates over the last two months, I am still experiencing many of the problems stated above with (latest) Safari and MacOS, with the most annoying being the need to refresh a web site twice to get LP to fill (if I'm lucky) the current web site's credentials instead of the previous web site's. The most recent update mangled several secure notes, splitting some credit card notes into multiple odd notes and pulling several from a shared folder. Plus I need to click a bunch of times to get to secure notes from the LP browser icon, where they used to be right there at the top level.

And for this, they TRIPLED the price? :evil:

My prediction: Apple will have a significantly-enhanced Keychain app in a subsequent MacOS release and LastPass will lose their Mac customers, unless they get their shit together and fix all of these problems that they introduced!
gordonf46

Postby 2lostkiwis » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:49 pm

Just chiming in as well. I thought it was just me, did a quick google search for the problems after having them drag on so long and came up with this thread. While it's reassuring that I am not the only one in this situation - it's very surprising that this seems so widespread yet unaddressed. I am a premium customer and I too am now motivated and looking to go elsewhere. Sad really. I was worried about the LogMeIn and I guess it has now come to fruition. Sadly, good things don't last forever.
2lostkiwis

Postby mrtvocich » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:23 am

Hello, I have sent a ticket on the support with a link to this thread. I don't believe in much, but at least they might notice all of you.
mrtvocich

Postby mrtvocich » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:49 pm

I have received a reply:

Hello Marek,

Thank you for contacting LastPass and for your feedback. We are here to assist our customers 24 hours a day Mon-Fri. We will be forwarding it to the appropriate channels.

You also mentioned that you were experiencing a few issues with LastPass browser extension on Safari for the Mac, correct? What issues are you experiencing specifically? Can you provide screenshots of this issue? Have you tried to uninstall the browser extension and download the universal Mac installer for Safari to see if this helps? Here is the link for the downloads, the universal extension is at the bottom for the Mac section.

https://lastpass.com/misc_download2.php

Thank you,

Carl | Customer Care Representative
LastPass

http://www.LastPass.com

--------------------------------------------------------
1) I have uninstalled LastPass App with CCleaner. It is unable to quit it from its GUI, I did it through Activity Monitor.
2) Uninstall LastPass extension from Safari.
3) I have downloaded the LastPass Universal Mac Installer (last line, black Apple logo), version 4.31.0. The .dmg contains two files: uninstaller and installer. I first run the uninstaller and then the installer.
4) When the installer finished, it opened this LastPass Safari Extensions on Apple pages, which I also installed.
5) Don't update. I have tried and, surprise surprise, I got back to the lastest nonworking version.

It seems like now I have the latest LastPass old-era version from the extensions site and it seems to be working. However, when you click on the LastPass icon, it says you should update it. Hell, I am gonna not do it. Also when you Cmd + Q Safari and re-launch it, the LastPass updare page opens. But I think I can live with that, I don't quit Safari that often. Hope this will help to someone.
mrtvocich

Previous

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting