I have received a reply:
Thank you for contacting LastPass and for your feedback. We are here to assist our customers 24 hours a day Mon-Fri. We will be forwarding it to the appropriate channels.
You also mentioned that you were experiencing a few issues with LastPass browser extension on Safari for the Mac, correct? What issues are you experiencing specifically? Can you provide screenshots of this issue? Have you tried to uninstall the browser extension and download the universal Mac installer for Safari to see if this helps? Here is the link for the downloads, the universal extension is at the bottom for the Mac section. https://lastpass.com/misc_download2.php
Carl | Customer Care Representative
1) I have uninstalled LastPass App with CCleaner. It is unable to quit it from its GUI, I did it through Activity Monitor.
2) Uninstall LastPass extension from Safari.
3) I have downloaded the LastPass Universal Mac Installer (last line, black Apple logo), version 4.31.0. The .dmg contains two files: uninstaller and installer. I first run the uninstaller and then the installer.
4) When the installer finished, it opened this LastPass Safari Extensions on Apple pages
, which I also installed.
5) Don't update. I have tried and, surprise surprise, I got back to the lastest nonworking version.
It seems like now I have the latest LastPass old-era version from the extensions site and it seems to be working. However, when you click on the LastPass icon, it says you should update it. Hell, I am gonna not do it. Also when you Cmd + Q Safari and re-launch it, the LastPass updare page opens. But I think I can live with that, I don't quit Safari that often. Hope this will help to someone.