I've been happily using LP for many years, but since Apple forced the inception of a standalone app (in addition to the web browser extensions), LP has been absolutely horrendous for me.
I install every LP update as soon as they become available and I restart my Macs frequently, but still I am plagued by problems across both my Macs, which are both running Mojave.
Here's a list of issues I'm frustrated by on a daily basis:
1) LP Mac App prevents shutdown of my Macs
2) username and passwords fields no longer auto fill in safari or other web browsers. This is despite 'automatically fill login information' being enabled in LP preferences.
3) upon navigating to a website, the username and password fields often do not detect that that login details exist for that site and the fields do not display the LP icons that can usually be clicked to fill the details.
4) following point 3 above, sometimes a website DOES detect that username/password info is available for a given site and the LP icon IS displayed at the end of the username and password fields, however, when the LP icon is clicked to attempt to fill the form, the dropdown box is actually empty, instead of displaying the appropriate entry for that website.
5) when I navigate to a website, the LP extension icon (in the browser toolbar) displays a badge icon (i.e. number '1' or '2', depending on how many logins I have for that site) indicating that I have a username and password entry saved for that website. When I click the toolbar icon and then click 'show matching sites' (which is what I often have to do due to issues 2, 3 and 4 above), the LP entry that is displayed is for the PREVIOUS website that I just visited, not for the current website that I am trying to log into. At this point I have to refresh the webpage, then go back to the LP toolbar icon, then 'show matching sites' where the correct website entry will now be displayed. This is especially frustrating!
6) When performing step 5, sometimes after clicking 'auto fill' for the correct website entry, the username and password information is not actually entered into the fields. The LP toolbar menu just disappears. Then I have to refresh the page and go again.
7) I often have to log into LP twice, despite completing the 2-factor authentication process (via the LP authenticator iOS app) the first time.
That's everything I can recall at the moment but there's probably a few other niggling issues that escape me at the moment.
Unless I'm missing something and there are easy fixes for these issues, I'm about ready to abandon LP on Mac for another password manager. The whole point of LP is meant to be convenience, but since the inception of the Mac app it's been anything but!