How to Export Lastpass to Firefox?

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, Israel, JoeSiegrist, robyn

How to Export Lastpass to Firefox?

Postby AquaVixen » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:15 pm

I have spent hours googling for this and I can't for the life of me figure out how in the heck to export my entire lastpass password list (bulk) in to FireFox's password store so that I can sync it up with FireFox Sync. I have found lots of results to an "Old" way of doing it. Apparently at one point in time the LastPass addon for FireFox actually had a built in option to do this natively. Used to we could: LP Icon > Tools > Advanced Tools > Export To > Firefox.

But today that option is no longer there. Today we get: Account Options > Advanced > Export > The only options are either "LastPass CSV File" or "Form Fills".

There's no way in firefox to import from the CSV file that LastPass can generate and "Form Fills" does literally nothing. I click on that and end up with some "moz-extension://46a3c107-6936-40cc-b5d8-8b815b89ee2c/export.html" in the address bar and it's a blank page that does nothing.

So.. how in the heck do we get LastPass to export to firefox in 2019?
AquaVixen

Re: How to Export Lastpass to Firefox?

Postby LostInterest » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:40 pm

Welcome to 2019, where you are the product, and everyone is showing it by locking your information down and not allowing you to handle it in the fashion you like. The only way to import anymore is to go to each link individually and let the browser of your choice save the username and password. It's Kludgey and totally not work the 500% price hike that [s]LastPass...[/s] LogMeIn has shoved down our throat. I signed up for premium for Yubikey support, it's not worth $5 a month THIS year to keep yubikey support. Killed premium plan because they don't bring anything premium to the table, just take money from your wallet. I am going through the arduous task of transferring everything. [s]LastPass...[/s] LogMeIn can go the way of the Dodo for all I care.

It's deprecated, many sites refuse to allow it. What's the point?
LostInterest

Postby LostInterest » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:42 pm

I have a reply being run through the LogMeIn Thought Police right now ... it's not 2019 it's 1984, Orwell style. Beginning to think LogMeIn was founded in Myanmar.
LostInterest

Postby jpenny84 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:23 pm

LostInterest Wrote:I have a reply being run through the LogMeIn Thought Police right now ... it's not 2019 it's 1984, Orwell style. Beginning to think LogMeIn was founded in Myanmar.

New forum users having to clear a moderation queue for spam control purposes is hardly the thought police.
jpenny84

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting