Yubikey MF Authentication - Computer not trusted

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Re: Yubikey MF Authentication - Computer not trusted

Postby keithbward536 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:09 pm

Just adding my name to group of LastPass users to whom this has happened . Started about 6 weeks ago, shortly after I added a 2nd YubiKey for Multifactor Authentication. BUt from all these recent posts I think that is not the problem. Still no resolution
keithbward536

Postby pietjepuk » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:59 am

Same problem here.
Allready persistent for 2 months or so.
was looking up the forums today for a solution, just to see I'm not the only one with the issue.

It was working fine for couple of years, what happened?

oh yeah, deleting the .suid files doesnt help anything.

greetings, a 6 years premium member...
pietjepuk

Postby dugking » Wed May 01, 2019 11:52 pm

Update from OP here. The issue is still present.

When I log into the LastPass extension on Chrome, I have about 6 seconds before I get the dreaded "reauthenticate" message. I have to insert my Yubikey and authenticate. HOWEVER, I can use the extension to autofill usernames and passwords without issue if I do so inside that 6-second window before I have to authenticate again.

So it kind of works, and if you're ready to sign in immediately, you can use it as a one-time, then just ignore the authentication. You won't be signed in, but you can at least log in to whatever site you're visiting.

Still not a solution, and the problem needs fixing. It's May 1, 2019. This one has been around for a while.

I have 2 Yubikeys, if that matters.
dugking

Postby bombleman » Thu May 02, 2019 7:05 am

I was hoping the latest update would fix this issue, but alas no :(
What is concerning me is that you can actually query the LastPass store in the 6~ second window after initial logon, a lot can be achieved in that time by script, exporting data to a csv for example.
bombleman

Postby gurnec » Thu May 02, 2019 2:58 pm

I'll repeat what I posted earlier in this thread in case it helps anyone still experiencing this issue like me:
gurnec Wrote:For me anyways (Chrome on Windows 10), it's just a cosmetic bug, though it may not seem so. After entering my un&pw on a trusted PC, I get prompted for my YubiKey like everyone else here, however I can then put anything into the YubiKey prompt (e.g. a single "x", anything that's not blank) and I'll get logged in. It's annoying, but much less annoying than actually requiring a YubiKey for a trusted PC.

This doesn't affect untrusted PCs, for those a real YubiKey OTP is still required AFAICT.

We're approaching 3 months now with this bug still unfixed... maybe we should just switch back to the free version, it would be less annoying.
gurnec

Postby gurnec » Fri May 17, 2019 10:10 am

Fixed! Thanks LastPass! :)

v4.28.0 - May 16th 2019 -- Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari
  • Fixed: Unable to trust device when using Yubikey.
gurnec

Postby dugking » Sat May 18, 2019 1:41 pm

OK! I have tried it a few times now and the issue appears to be resolved. Great news!

Thank you everyone for posting and keeping this issue alive. It seems to be fixed.
dugking

Postby kiran249 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:00 pm

im not a premier subscriber!!
Same issue happening here with my Ubuntu 18 and Chrome. The main arrangement is to keep my everything connected to it smoothly
Today I introduced the new Lastpass application on OSX/Safari and now I have a similar issue here. I had a go at everything, except no outcome.
im trying to accomodate the tips passed here by followers lets see now!!
kiran249

Postby kiran249 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:26 am

kiran249 Wrote:im not a premier subscriber!!
Same issue happening here with my Ubuntu 18 and Chrome. The main arrangement is to keep my everything connected to it smoothly
Today I introduced the new Lastpass application on OSX/Safari and now I have a similar issue here. I had a go at everything Tellthebell, except no outcome.
im trying to accomodate the tips passed here by followers let's see now!!

Finally got it solved today, thanks for the help n tips provided here
kiran249

Previous

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting