Yubikey MF Authentication - Computer not trusted

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, Israel, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Yubikey MF Authentication - Computer not trusted

Postby dugking » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:09 pm

Hello,

I have a YubiKey 4 (no NFC) and it works well with LastPass. One problem that I'm having now is that when I "trust" my home computer for 30 days, I still get prompted to authenticate with my Yubikey.

I had gone through 2 instances of trusting my PC, and it's worked for 30 days in both instances. Now, it will not trust my computer at all and I must authenticate with my Yubikey every time.

I have followed (without success) the instructions here: https://lastpass.com/support.php?cmd=showfaq&id=1853

When I log in, it seems to take for about 5 seconds, then punts me to the Yubikey authentication again. I will get a login error if I do not authenticate. In the short time before I get punted to the MF Authentication page, Lastpass *will* autofill in usernames and passwords, but then logs me out when I don't authenticate.

Any reason why the "Trust this device for 30 days" option isn't sticking? I even checked my account for "trusted devices" and see that my main PC is listed and active, but the MF authentication doesn't seem to care.

Thank you!
dugking

Re: Yubikey MF Authentication - Computer not trusted

Postby jf98765 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:10 pm

It's been doing the same thing for me.

Only doing it in Edge, not other browsers. I think it started happening right after the extension was last updated. Tried deleting the SUID file, but that didn't help.

Really irritating.
jf98765

Postby smithynz » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:00 pm

I'm having this same problem on multiple computers and multiple browsers - Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox. It won't work for me on anything anymore. I have used this feature successfully in the past (for a long time). Seems to have recently broken.
smithynz

Postby uncovery1 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:13 am

Same here. I have to re-auth every time I close the browser. 2 different PCs with firefox, same issue. Since this weekend, "trust this computer for 30 days" is not working anymore.
uncovery1

"Trust this computer for 30 days" for Yubikey is broken

Postby uncovery1 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:26 am

Since the latest update (feb 5th), the option to "trust this computer for 30 days" is not working anymore. restarting the browser makes the PC untrusted.

See multiple users having the same issue here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=323665
uncovery1

Postby nnc147227 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:48 am

Add me to the list of people seeing this problem. But only a problem in Firefox (65.0.1 on Windows 10 1809), correct behavior in Chrome and Edge. I submitted a report but have not gotten any resolution yet.
nnc147227

Postby huwj646 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:42 am

Hi - me too. This is on Windows 10, using Edge. Restarting the browser forces re-authentication despite selecting the option to 'trust computer for 30 days'. Probably been this way for a few weeks (I didn't note the first time it happened) and I'd vaguely assumed that a fix would be imminent.
huwj646

Postby jonat » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:51 pm

Reported and acknowledged (reproduced) by Support. Let's see what happens next.
jonat

Postby dugking » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:43 am

Thanks everyone for chiming in. I experience this problem with Chrome, but haven't tried it with Edge or Firefox. Based on feedback, looks like it's not unique to Chrome.

It's still a problem as of February 18, 2019 at 8:42 PM PST, for the record.
dugking

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting