All data has been corrupted [SOLVED]

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantie, robyn, JoeSiegrist

All data has been corrupted [SOLVED]

Postby Ogglord » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:01 am

Every username and password in my Vault has become chinese letters of some sort (both at sign in and at chrome://lastpass/content/home.xul)! This happened yesterday or the day before it.

Newly added sites show up fine, but the other 99% is fracked.
Got any clue? Could it be an encoding problem? I guess I have to erase my entire Vault.. But I don't want it to happen again.

SOLVED!: Somehow my local encryption/decryption key got changed. I had to clear the local cache and log in/log out, after that all accounts were back to normal! Thanks Joe!
Ogglord

Re: All data has been corrupted [SOLVED]

Postby Mac » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:45 am

I had the same issue yesterday and was worried that all my data was corrupt. It was even corrupt on the https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 sites page!
However, I logged into my wife's laptop, and all of the data was fine there. I don't know what I did to resolve the problem, but it eventually corrected itself on my computer and now everything is back to normal.
Mac

Re: All data has been corrupted [SOLVED]

Postby Mac » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:17 pm

Ok, this issue just happened again. As you can see from the attachment, all of the sites appear to be corrupt. I had console2 & the lastpass debug addon installed, and when I went to the error console I could see several "rsa" errors and a separate line mentioning lastpass, but not giving much useful info.

I then followed Ogglord's resolution, and it worked! Just go to Tools>Clear Private Data, put a checkmark next to Cache (unmark everything else), and click ok. Then log out & log back into lastpass. Worked for me.

Mac
Mac

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting