Restrict Security Challenge

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, Israel, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Restrict Security Challenge

Postby darn0626608 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:15 am

Is there anyway to stop sites being included from the Security Challenge? For example, my library issue a barcode and a four digit code to be entered into the barcode reader. It currently has be to a four digit code and LastPass will always highlight it as weak.
darn0626608

Re: Restrict Security Challenge

Postby FlyingHawk » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:23 pm

This request pops up quite a few times, but honestly I don't understand why people want this. If you see a weak password on a site, you check if it's expected/unavoidable, if it is, then you just move on. Why do you want to exclude them?
FlyingHawk

Postby darn0626608 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:29 pm

In my case, because it's one of four that I can't do anything about and that situation is unlikely to change. Therefore it's a waste of my time and system time.

If it "pops up quite a few times" I guess that means there is no solution.
darn0626608

Postby FlyingHawk » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:43 pm

darn0626608 Wrote:because it's one of four that I can't do anything about and that situation is unlikely to change.

I know. That's why I said if it's unavoidable you just move on.

darn0626608 Wrote:Therefore it's a waste of my time and system time.

You see them then ignore them. How much time does it take really? Less than a second I guess. "System time" is even more negligible.

I suspect it's more of a obsession with a clean record rather than a matter of "time wasted" that makes people want this option. However, I still think it's beneficial to have a constant reminder that some of my passwords are objectively weak, even if I can't do anything about them.

darn0626608 Wrote:I guess that means there is no solution.

Correct. There's no option to do this.
FlyingHawk

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting