Auto Logout

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, Israel, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Auto Logout

Postby denno64900 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:09 am

Hi

Im trying to enable the "Automatically Log out after idle (mins)" function.

When I do the the app (in Safari) tells me to install the binary version....I have done this multiple times now. At the end of the install Safari reopens and advises the extension is installed.

But when I go back into Preferences to enable this function, I go back into the loop of the app telling me to reinstall the binary version.

Help please!

Thanks

Details
Safari 12.0.2
MacOS Mojave 10.14.2
denno64900

Re: Auto Logout

Postby emailchet238 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:55 am

This has been an issue for months and months and there's been no resolution. I've been a user for years and and am embarrassed I recommended to my friends and family. Now they are all struggling to get it to work and and looking at me like I'm supposed to have answers. To make things worse, I heard Leo recommending it again on Security Now in an ad spot. They have to be at least somewhat aware that Mac users with Lastpass are really screwed right now and the product is barely functional (won't auto logout, Firefox works randomly and rarely will allow edits to be made to vault, Safari will show logged in and autofill but won't actually be fully logged in, autofill works for less than half the sites I visit these days, creating new accounts/username/passwords for sites gets screwed up the vast majority of times meaning you have to reset password minutes after creating a new site, etc.).
emailchet238

Postby denno64900 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:17 pm

I did find a solution to this that works! :D

stephenhouser687 Wrote:
I added 'LastPassHelper.app' (from the App Store version) to my login items (in system preferences) and it seems to be working properly. The helper app was at '~/Library/Containers/com.lastpass.LastPass/Data/Library/Application Support/LastPass/LastPassHelper.app'

Version: 4.1.61.123
Built: Mon Aug 28 2017 16:06:55 GMT-0400 (EDT)
Binary Component: true (Helper App)

https://forums.lastpass.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=286015#p962115
denno64900

Postby david768 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:23 am

I too have been suffering for some time from the problem of the time limits in the security settings not being honoured and having to re-login every time I closed the browser. I just noticed that now these two options have been updated, and the time limit on the first option under security is now gone. So now you can have it logout when you close the browser, or not, no time limit, or you can have it logout after so many minutes "idle". What I want, and what it always used to do, is to have a time limit on the browser close, so that if I come back within a couple of hours and open a new browser, I don't have to login again, but if I leave it for longer, I do have to login. But now, when I turn off the first option, the second "idle" timer might trigger if the browser is open and dormant, but it doesn't if I close the browser. This morning I fired up Chrome and I was still logged in from yesterday despite having a timer of 240 minutes on the second option. Bottom line, why has the first timer been removed? Is this just a bodge work around for a bug that couldn't be fixed? Lastpass is supposed to be a help, now it is either a pain (having to login every time I restart the browser), or a potential security risk (not being logged out after a set period).
david768

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting