Firefox repeatedly reporting lastpass slowing down browser

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Re: Firefox repeatedly reporting lastpass slowing down brows

Postby Suttoth » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:47 am

Hello,

Just to update on this, I raised a support request and after many uninstall/reinstall, I got this response:

I will be escalating this to my development team. We do not currently have an ETA on when a fix will be pushed out. As the Dev team prioritizes and determines what issues will be handled next on a case-by-case basis, it makes providing an exact ETA for release difficult to predict.

So hopefully it'll get resolved sooner rather than later.
Suttoth

Postby dbutcher999 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:23 am

It's Terrible! In WordPress, if you are trying to edit Appearance -. Menus LastPass will cause every action to take 5-10 seconds. Turn it off and everything responds instantly.
dbutcher999

Postby afarley900 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:53 pm

Is anyone getting any reply's from LastPass? I have submitted a ticket about 2 weeks ago and have not heard back from them and from the looks of it they are not responding to this forum. Anyone know anything new?
afarley900

Postby me695 » Tue May 21, 2019 5:19 pm

Anyone get this resolved? Heard any feedback from LP?
me695

Postby afarley900 » Wed May 22, 2019 3:42 pm

I submitted a ticket to last pass and this is what they sent to me, however this did not solve my issue.

"Please refer to the steps below.
- check to ensure that your browser is not clearing cache automatically - https://www.howtogeek.com/137681/how-to ... r-browser/
- ensure that you have third-party cookies enabled - https://support.bigcommerce.com/article ... my-browser
- you should ensure that you are not browsing in private mode
- you do not have CCleaner installed and running during testing.

If the above steps did not work, you can recreate a new browser profile to see if the outcome changes.
You can follow the instructions in this guide to create the new profile https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/pr ... x-profiles then have LastPass installed from here https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... d-manager/ ."
afarley900

Postby djones4281979 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:58 am

Seeing the previous post was in May, I'm adding that I'm having this issue in July 2019.
djones4281979

Postby lpme » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:38 pm

I'm having it also in July 2019. It's new for me. I didn't make any extension changes.

Not good.
lpme

Postby post233 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:25 am

Yeah, shame. Just canceled my subscription and switched to bitwarden.
post233

Postby tom402 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:33 am

The browser slowdown has been driving me nuts. Pages would slow and stop loading completely, and one FF process would stall and need to be force-terminated. It was fine until about a week or two ago, and after trial and error found that LastPass was the culprit. Turn it off and it's fine. Older version of the plugin does the same. FF v66.0.2 x64, LP v4.31.2.3. I can't get any work done with it enabled, so it's now turned off. It seems to be fine in IE11 and Chrome.

Since I can't operate with LP in FF any more, I've also jumped ship to Bitwarden, which works very well. Shame LP could not fix this despite many months of complaints :(
tom402

Postby zquest » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:54 pm

andrew742 Wrote:I just disabled 'Highlight input boxes' and 'Automatically Fill Login Information' in LastPass Preferences - seems to have worked around the problem. I don't need that functionality so badly, and certainly not in exchange for poor browser performance.

I don't see an option enable or disable 'Highlight input boxes' in Lastpass extensions option in Firefox. :?

Lastpass version 4.40.1.2
zquest

PreviousNext

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting