Logged out between sessions

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, Israel, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Logged out between sessions

Postby Moriarity » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:19 pm

Does anyone else have the problem of being logged out between session on MS Edge (Windows 10)? I have had this problem once before but it seemed to be resolved with an update to LastPass but it has re-appeared. It's infuriating and is driving me mad :oops: :twisted: I've been bounced from pillar to post from "support", being gradually bumped up the support tree - I'm at level three now and all I get is "do you have any other extensions running?". Save re-installing Windows (which I did last time to no avail), I've removed everything that is browser related, uninstalled LP extension, cleared all caches and cookies, rebooted, re-installed LP. Same old problem aaaargh!!!!! :x
Moriarity

Re: Logged out between sessions

Postby jpenny84 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:14 am

A common reason is that your cookies are being deleted either by a browser setting or third party utility like CCleaner.
jpenny84

Postby Moriarity » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:31 pm

I did have CCleaner installed (but had it set to NOT delete LP Cookies). However, in vain hope of resolving the issue, I have uninstalled CCleaner, rebooted, uninstalled Edge LP extension, cleared out all Edge cookies and saved data, rebooted, installed LP Edge Extension and logged back into LP - fine. I run up a second Edge session - this was logged in - fine. Close both Edge sessions and open up a new one. Same old, same old - LP has logged out. This does NOT happen on any other browser - Chrome and Internet Explorer consistently behave perfectly - but I want to use Edge. Is there something that isn't being cleaned out during the interminable uninstall/re-install/delete cookies/ rigmarole? Why Edge and not any other browser? What are LP doing that no-one else is?
Moriarity

Postby FlyingHawk » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:41 pm

What are your Edge's auto clear history settings? Make sure not to set it to clear "cookies and saved website data". The default "clear history" behavior is to clear everything.
FlyingHawk

Postby Moriarity » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:04 pm

I have all the boxes unticked and the 'Always clear this when I close the browser' slider is set to 'off'
Moriarity

Postby itsjustmoi » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:44 pm

I've been waiting for the fix since early October.
itsjustmoi

Postby AMcDonald » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:07 am

I'm seeing the same behavior with Firefox. If I leave the "Automatically Log out when all browsers are closed and Firefox has been closed for (mins)" turned off I stay logged on between sessions but as soon as I turn it on and set a value (240 mins) I get logged out as soon as I close Firefox.

Turning the option off allows me to stay logged in between runs of FIrefox. I even tried a completely fresh install of FIrefox with no extensions, using the defaults for cookies and saw the same behavior.
AMcDonald

Postby ptd18b » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:13 pm

Same problem in Chrome.
ptd18b

Postby Moriarity » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:33 am

Nearly a year on and still no resolution to this problem. For a security application, this does it's level best to destroy your privacy. Come on, Lastpass, sort yourself out!
Moriarity

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting