LastPass for iOS 12 not prompting to save new passwords

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

LastPass for iOS 12 not prompting to save new passwords

Postby stevelawrence184 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:53 pm

Hi have setup LastPass on iOS 12, it works great when logging in to sites where you have an existing login that LastPass already knows about.

But when creating a new login for a new site, LastPass is not asking me if I want to save the login details.

What am I doing wrong?
stevelawrence184

Re: LastPass for iOS 12 not prompting to save new passwords

Postby myTBrealtor » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:55 pm

You are not alone. LastPass on iOS is not asking to save new passwords or update existing passwords that I change on my iOS device. THe process of updating an existing password on my iOS device is stressful because without proper fail safe taken on the part of the end user, it is likely you will not have access to the new password once it clears from the clipboard thus requiring a subsequent password reset after you realize you're locked out your account.

This should be a high priority issue for LastPass and nobody in their support seems aware and the forum community seems to not be raising a ruckus about it yet. Not sure how more people are not discussing this!
myTBrealtor

Postby adamcohen » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:22 pm

same here. was expecting this to behave the way the browser extension does.
adamcohen

Postby stevelawrence184 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:51 pm

I raised a ticket with LastPass support about this, and they came back saying that if you create a login for a new site, you have to press the key icon on the keyboard and manually add the credentials to LastPass yourself. It will not offer to save. This seems to be by design rather than a bug, which seems a bit crazy as the likelihood of the user forgetting to do this is quite high in my opinion. I don't know if it's a limitation of the autofill feature for third party apps (probably - Apple always cripple things in some way!) but it does make LastPass for iOS less than ideal.
stevelawrence184

Postby ByDesign » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:56 pm

I would be suspicious that this is 'by design'. I seems like it would be something that they either are not willing to invest the time to fix, or theres some iOS design the makes this challenging to do. Instead they are just trying to play it off. Hopefully they invest the dev power to tackle this cause it's a huge deterrent
ByDesign

Postby gubble5 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:09 am

I think it's by Apple's design, I really want this feature too but if Apple are not providing an API to do that, it's just not possible
gubble5

Postby usefz89 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:28 pm

Till date nothing has been updated from the lastPass team. Does anybody know other application that implement this feature for IOS ?
usefz89

Postby colinje » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:15 am

Just took a look at Dashlane which I’ve also used on iOS and it works the same as LastPass for saving new or changed passwords. In other words, it doesn’t. New or changed entries have to be added manually.
colinje

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting