Authenticator unable to connect with my LastPass account?

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, Israel, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Authenticator unable to connect with my LastPass account?

Postby rvortman514 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:57 am

I use the LastPass authenticator app on my Android phone. I can log into my LastPass account on my phone without a problem, but when I use LastPass authenticator and try to backup to LastPass, I get "We're not able to connect with your LastPass account". Odd, since I'm able to connect with it easily on the same phone, so what's the problem here?

Has anyone else seen this problem? What did you do to get past it so you could backup to your LastPass account using LastPass authenticator?

Thanks.
rvortman514

Re: Authenticator unable to connect with my LastPass account

Postby rvortman514 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:03 pm

I did try re-installing LastPass Authenticator app on my phone, no help there. I can log into LastPass from any device, which leaves me wondering why LastPass Authenticator can't connect with my LastPass account.

In the end, I suppose it doesn't matter, I can work around not having the backup. Just bugs me :-).
rvortman514

Postby smills1882 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:49 am

Hi There

I'm having the same problems.

I have 2 devices, an iPhone 6S Plus and a Galaxy S9

I have LastPass and the LastPass Authenticator installed on both devices.

The Authenticator app on the iPhone is able to backup my codes to my LP vault, and I have successfully backed up to my LP vault.
The Authenticator app on the Galaxy repeatedly states "We're unable to connect with your LastPass account" when pressing on "restore from backup"

I am still searching for assistance on what this means.

I intend to decomission the iPhone and only use the Galaxy.

Cheers
smills1882

Postby csmalex » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:35 am

I'm having the same problem. iPhone SE, iOS 12.1, last successful backup from Authenticator to my Lastpass account was on 10/2. When I try and backup, it says "you must login to your LP account." I'm already logged in, but I login again, and it gives me a prompt "Select Account," but without any options to choose from. Backup continues to fail. Very disconcerting since I had auto-backup enabled and didn't realize my codes weren't backing up for 2 months!
csmalex

Postby csmalex » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:47 am

As a follow-up to my last post, I was able to get Authenticator to finally backup successfully again to Lastpass on my iPhone. I followed these steps: 1) delete the Lastpass app (*DO NOT delete Authenticator!!*, you will lose your codes since the last backup if you do), and re-install Lastpass 2) try the backup option again in the Authenticator app. It prompted me to login to Lastpass again, but then successfully completed. I had to reboot Authenticator one more time, re-select the backup option in the menu, and then it successfully connected to LP and backed up. It’s possible that you can simply log out of the Lastpass app and this will work, I did not try that.
csmalex

Postby user87 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:30 pm

csmalex Wrote:As a follow-up to my last post, I was able to get Authenticator to finally backup successfully again to Lastpass on my iPhone. I followed these steps: 1) delete the Lastpass app (*DO NOT delete Authenticator!!*, you will lose your codes since the last backup if you do), and re-install Lastpass 2) try the backup option again in the Authenticator app. It prompted me to login to Lastpass again, but then successfully completed. I had to reboot Authenticator one more time, re-select the backup option in the menu, and then it successfully connected to LP and backed up. It’s possible that you can simply log out of the Lastpass app and this will work, I did not try that.

So I experienced the same issue (as described previously) and can confirm the resolution mentioned above works.

If you do log-out of the LastPass Password Manager App NOT the LastPass Authenticator then re-login then this does fix the issue, well on an Android 8.0.0 device at least.
user87

Postby steve210 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:37 pm

Can confirm this fixed it on my Pixel 2XL as well. Logout of lastpass on the phone, log in again, then re-try the backup

Honestly the toast prompt in the authenticator could JUST SAY THIS and save us all the headaches. Moreover though when the backup fails it should alert us to the problem right away.

I'm on day 3 of no answer to a support ticket on the issue, I'm glad I was able to google and find this post.
steve210

Postby legion » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:18 pm

Really not nice that there is no bugfix available until now.

I have the same problem and reinstalling of LASTPASS himself helped (not Authenticator, of course)

But it can just be a temporarely solution, dear guys from LastPass......
legion

Postby Badpass » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:53 pm

You don't need to reinstall lastpass.

Just log out and in again.
Badpass

Postby legion » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:58 pm

Hi @Badpass

Okay, I will try it the next time if it happens again.

Thanks.
legion

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting