Lastpass 'copy password' not working

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, Israel, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Lastpass 'copy password' not working

Postby bsutton335 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:40 pm

I'm running ubuntu 18.04 running X (fully patched).
Using:
chrome Version 60.0.3112.101 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Firefox:
Quantum 61.0.1 (64-bit)

When I try to use the lastpass 'copy password' or 'copy username' (in chrome or firefox) the data isn't copied to the clipboard (the clipboard retains the data from the previous copy operation).

This has only started happening in the last couple of days.

I've been running18.04 for a number of weeks.

Additionally, In chrome, if I select the last pass option to copy a password and then attempt a paste operation using the chrome context menu, I'm seeing a significant delay before the chrome context menu opens. In some cases the chrome page hangs and I have to kill the page off.
I'm not seeing this problem (the lag and crash) in firefox. During this lag interval it appears I cannot copy/paste any text with chrome (i.e. ctrl-c doesn't work in chrome).

Last pass reports:

LastPass Chrome Toolbar

Version: 4.16.0
Built: Wed Jul 25 2018 17:47:06 GMT-0400 (EDT)
Binary Component: true (Native Messaging version 3.2.41, built Dec 16 2015 09:52:47)
bsutton335

Re: Lastpass 'copy password' not working

Postby drsh2k19254 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:42 pm

I have the exact same issue in chrome 68/ubuntu 18.04, all copy operations cause tabs to freeze on paste.
I've also noticed that context menus become laggy outside of chrome until clipboard is cleared/overwritten.
drsh2k19254

Postby FireDragonDoL » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:34 pm

Greetings,
I'm facing the exact same issue, I'm on Kubuntu 18.04 and Google Chrome 68.0.3440.84 (Official Build) (64-bit)
I have the "binary extension" installed (to upload files), not sure if it's relevant.

This is a show-stopper for me, it's making lastpass completely unusable on my work computer (I am a software developer and as such use a Ubuntu based laptop).
I'd love some guidance on how to debug it.

Basically any "copy" functionality (copy password, copy username and copy generated password) ends up in a huge delay in the browser.
In addition, the keyboard stop working in all windows except the terminal.
If I kill chrome, everything goes back to normal, I can reopen the browser and everything is smooth.

I don't know if there is some sort of new bug in X that might be causing the problem, but if I use the github button "copy" (to copy the repository URL), I don't have such problem.
I believe the issue is caused by how LastPass extension is behaving when using the "copy to clipboard" functionality.

This problem happened only in the last 2 weeks, but it's impacting my work drammatically.
FireDragonDoL

Postby FireDragonDoL » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:19 pm

Hello!
I'm posting because I created a support ticket and it's been resolved:

Reinstalling the extension addresses the issue. I'm not sure why, because I forced an update of lastpass chrome extension before testing if the problem was still there.
Hopefully the solution will be helpful for others.
FireDragonDoL

Postby juliohm » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:53 pm

I'm having this issue as well.

Running Linux Mint 19
Firefox 61.0.1 (64-bit)

Latest FF extension, as well as the LP binaries installed.

Code: Select All Code
Version: 4.16.1
Built: Fri Jul 27 2018 13:25:35 GMT-0400 (EDT)
Binary Component: true (Native Messaging version 4.1.44, built Nov 30 2017 12:07:37)

I am unable to copy usernames/passwords. Either buttons or menu options have no effect. The contents of the clipboard are unchanged.

This is quite a hassle. I tried removing the extension, reinstalling it... also reinstalling the binaries... nothing works here.
juliohm

Postby bsutton335 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:03 pm

I just uninstalled the lastpass extension from chrome (ubuntu 18.04)

killed all chrome sessions (a reboot will do the same)

re-installed the lastpass extension.

The problem seems to have been resolved as I can now copy/paste from lastpass.
bsutton335

Postby dan404 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:35 pm

I believe the problem is with the binary extension.

I unistalled lastpass, rebooted ubuntu, and reinstalled the extension which fixed the problem.

I was able to use the 'Copy Password' functionality until I installed the binary extension. After that I started having the same buggy behaviour as before.
dan404

Postby chrisperson » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:41 pm

Same issue here as of November.

Fedora latest. This issue has been around for a while now. Locks the chrome tab when you try to copy a password, or copy the password that is generated. Something in the code is probably leaking/not releasing properly - LastPass needs to address this issue.

The only workaround is to use the non-binary version, but that of course means no attachments...
chrisperson

Postby juliohm » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:23 pm

Firefox 63, Linux Mint 19 Tara.
Same issue. Copy username/password does not work.

If this helps anyone, I managed to get it working again by uninstalling and reinstalling the binary component.

This forum will not allow me to post the terminal command lines here, so here's a link to detailed instructions.

https://pastebin.com/gYBSESqM
juliohm

Postby philmaweb852 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:13 pm

This is still a thing. Copy dialog does not work and freezes browser frame in firefox using ubuntu 16.04 and the newest firefox version (64).
I have been in contact with support in August.

Reinstalling the binary component does not help - version that's "up to date" is "Native Messaging version 4.1.44, built Aug 30 2018 16:31:03" - so no changes here.
philmaweb852

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting