TypeError: Cannot read property 'windowID' of null

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, Israel, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: TypeError: Cannot read property 'windowID' of null

Postby raymcgill » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:16 am

Yes, This is embarrassing for a hero company like LP. This makes LP unusable for developers, which will be your reputation. Please fix asap.
raymcgill

Postby david534 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:46 pm

Still not fixed. /sigh
david534

Postby rgerbasi » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:21 pm

Hey all, I know this issue needs to be fixed, it's very annoying. In the meantime if you go into chrome console settings (click the gear from the console window) you can turn on Selected context only, which will scope the console messages. It's a workaround for now.

Hope this helps.
rgerbasi

Postby davidmdem17 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:16 am

Another +1 for fixing this!

Also, thanks for posting a workaround. Turning on selected context only does prevent the message from surfacing.
davidmdem17

Postby DeBrevan » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:50 am

rgerbasi Wrote:Hey all, I know this issue needs to be fixed, it's very annoying. In the meantime if you go into chrome console settings (click the gear from the console window) you can turn on Selected context only, which will scope the console messages. It's a workaround for now.

Hope this helps.

Well, thank you dear sir.
It's so annoying for a web dev, you just spare my sanity. :D
DeBrevan

Postby tkaczykp1346 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:46 am

@lastPass any news ?
tkaczykp1346

Postby sohrkim » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:46 pm

+1.
Please fix it. It's very annoying!!!
``` t.windowID ----> (t || {windowID: null}).windowID ```

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/69.0.3497.100 Safari/537.36
Lastpass version: 4.17.1
sohrkim

Postby meistro363 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:18 pm

Still happens since July - would be nice to get it fixed.
meistro363

Postby MarkFreedman » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:14 pm

rgerbasi Wrote:Hey all, I know this issue needs to be fixed, it's very annoying. In the meantime if you go into chrome console settings (click the gear from the console window) you can turn on Selected context only, which will scope the console messages. It's a workaround for now.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. Although this helps to hide this from the console window, DevTools still shows it in the error tag in the menu bar, which I feel could be more disconcerting ("why is it showing an error, but nothing about an error in the console?").
MarkFreedman

Postby pekahl116 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:07 am

abagels » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:23 am

So I know I'm a bit late to this but the whining in this thread is incredible. First off yes it is a problem, yes I came here for a fix, but to say it is anything but a minor inconvenience is absurd.

To the guy who was debugging this as a problem in his code for an hour and wants to invoice: Get a new profession you massive noob. "at chrome-extension://hdokiejnpimakedhajhdlcegeplioahd/onloadwff.js:58:816060" did you try reading the error even once in that hour? It honestly took you an hour to realise it was an extension error?

To the guy who can't use the console any more because of this one error: Read the above or ClIcK PreSERve LoG. Christ on a bike.

The devs can't say it but they are definitely thinking it.

Many, if not all, of us pay for LastPass. I make that as my first point so that this next statement is given adequate importance: As customers, we have a very reasonable expectation that LastPass stays on top of the bugs they introduce into the user experience of their product.

Second, I speak for many of us when I say that for you to come here and insult us, for having the temerity to ask the company we give our money to fix their bugs, is, to say the least, incredibly rude.

Now, to speak for myself, as I was the one who didn't actually notice that it was an extension error at first: I spent time trying to debug my own code looking for that stupid "windowID" before actually expanding and fully reading the error, but I did get to it. However, given the nature of web development, and how many of us use external libraries from Bower, NuGet, etc, when we see an error cropping up on every page in our sites it's a natural reaction to assume something in our code must be wrong.

I won't go into how many years I've been doing this job, nor will I return your insults, as it's honestly beneath me, but I will say that I find your attitude to be unhelpful, impudent, and altogether unnecessary.

Perhaps go troll somewhere else, as you're clearly not helping anything by posting here.
pekahl116

PreviousNext

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting