Safari Extension : fields not completing

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, Israel, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: Safari Extension : fields not completing

Postby myfavbeefstick » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:43 pm

Autofill simply doesn't work unless you're on 4.9.0.37... the new version is crap frankly. If folks need a copy of that older vers, grab it here: - confirm you have the right file via sha256 hash - dd29b946dc4e4a65879bc08e821e6267b225397f9a580f17716b75b48d7b0db9 - VT report if you're paranoid:
Last edited by jpenny84 on Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Links removed by moderator
myfavbeefstick

Postby MarcoA2O » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:53 am

Thanks to @ grafiksol10752 for keeping us up to date.

Does anyone know if what would be the differences between the developer (4.9.0.37) and gallery (4.15.2.1) versions, aside from former working and the latter not?

That large version interval is, let's us say, intriguing (as a reference, the latest Firefox Lastpass version is 4.17.0.4).
MarcoA2O

Postby dasdaf765 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:05 am

The fix has been made in version 4.17.0 and has been sent to Apple for their approval. We're now currently waiting for their approval to allow users update their extensions. Please stay turned in Safari's Extension store to our next version to be released. We thank you again for your patience.
dasdaf765

Postby PeriPLaneta » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:07 pm

I just updated Safari to the latest version, v.12.0, and once again we are without LastPass functionality. The previous OLD version of LastPass, v.4.9.0.37, which worked just fine on the previous Safari version, is no longer supported. LastPass v. 4.15.2.1 is the only one that can be used, and of course, this version does not fill fields and is useless. I have gone back to using Firefox, which supports the latest LastPass version, v. 4.17.1.7. I'd much prefer to continue using Safari, which works more seamlessly with the Mac OS across all my devices, but LastPass cannot seem to figure it out. I'll give LastPass the time until my Premium contract expires to fix it, and if they can't, then I'm gone. Perhaps the programmers should try something simpler to occupy their time, like updating Donkey Kong.
PeriPLaneta

Postby oscarevelson189 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:14 pm

I had the same problem, but this worked for me:

I went to https://www.lastpass.com/how-lastpass-works and I clicked Get LastPass Free button which took me to https://safari-extensions.apple.com/details/?id=com.lastpass.lpsafariextension-N24REP3BMN, then I clicked on Install and problem solved.

You must make sure to enter to the LastPass Preferences by clicking on the LP button that appears next to the address bar of Safari> Advanced> Restore Advanced Defaults (the extensions preferences box that says "Automatically update extensions ..." must be uncheck), and you're done.

After following several of the recommendations, this is the only thing that worked for me and for the last couple of hours it has been stable.

I hope it works for you.

Macos: High Sierra 10.13.6
Safari: 12.0
LastPass extension: 4.15.2.1
oscarevelson189

Postby ahhinmv » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:18 pm

Have the same problem. Safari not autofilling using high sierra. have tried all the fixes. nothing helps. LP support offers no further help.
no signs of life here since July
ahhinmv

Postby PeriPLaneta » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:04 pm

I followed the instructions above, but when I got to the Apple site for Safari, this was the message I got:
"The Safari Extension you've requested is not currently available." Fortunately, LastPass works just fine on Firefox, and although I'd prefer to use Safari, that's just not going to happen any more.
PeriPLaneta

Postby ahhinmv » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:56 pm

i need Safari to coordinate w my workflow, so using an alternate browser is a problem. Chrome works just fine, so will use it as necessary. hopefully a fix is on the way.
ahhinmv

Postby alexplosive » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:10 pm

Confirmed here, too. The developer version no longer works. I now get an error message saying "The version from the developer is no longer supported"—and it forces me to go to the latest gallery extensions, which is 4.15.2.1.

Lastpass doing a shit job right now—shouldn't take months to resolve an issue like this, even working with Apple to get their extension updated.
alexplosive

Postby snoball » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:18 pm

I experienced this issue after upgrading to Safari 12. Is this a Safari 12 problem or a LastPass problem?

I've used LastPass for years and love it, but this is getting to be a PIA. I can go to Chrome, but why should I?
snoball

PreviousNext

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting