Safari Extension : fields not completing

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Re: Safari Extension : fields not completing

Postby Possible2know » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:41 am

Problem here too.

Do LastPass not do testing on Safari ?
Surely form filling is standard repeat testing before releasing.

This is important as there are 8 pages of people who have the same problem on this forum !
LastPass must not rest on its laurels or it will lose market share to competitors and new entrants.
Possible2know

Postby skipkel » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:46 am

Same problem here. LastPass v. 4.15.2.1, macOS High Sierra 10.13.6.
skipkel

Last pass, Safari and my Imac

Postby emargolin182 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:47 am

I log in to Last Pass and can launch sites, but the last pass passwords and ids haven't been coming up. Last Pass also signs out often. Does it work ok or shall I use another browser with my desktop Imac?
emargolin182

Postby gordonf46 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:57 pm

Just one more data point confirming the issue. I down-rev'd per the suggestion here and I'm back to normal. Now awaiting the bug fix release.
gordonf46

Postby gord16 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:29 am

PeriPLaneta Wrote:I followed the instructions above and it worked (for now ...)

1. Go to https://lastpass.com/download/cdn/lastpass.safariextz
2. Download the installer
3. Uninstall the current version of LastPass (4.15.2) that refuses to work
4. Restart Safari
5. Open the installer and follow the instructions to install the old version, 4.9.037
6. Restart Safari
7. Uncheck the box in the extensions preferences that says "Automatically update extensions ..."
8. You should now have the old version installed, and it should work as before.

It has taken the LastPass developer far too long to correct this problem. It was identified at least two weeks ago. A reasonable question to ask would be, "Why should I pay for an extension that does not work?"

Followed these instructions and this works. Waiting for the next update that will hopefully fix this.
gord16

Postby Stratocaster » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:06 am

Does anybody moderate this forum?

There are two threads on this topic with a total of over 150 replies and as yet, no proper fix.

If this problem affects all Mac Safari users (as seems likely) and the temporary solution is to revert to an older version, why not re-release the older version (or a newer version with the working code) to prevent it being automatically updated by Safari. Having the option to automatically update Safari extensions disabled to prevent this means that all other extensions are prevented from updating as well.

It's pretty thoughtless of the developers to dig up the road (metaphorically speaking) like this.
Stratocaster

Safari macOS extension does not autofill

Postby GabrielG » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:04 am

Usernames and passwords do not autofill, even if I manually select the site from "Show matching sites".

Currently on macOS High Sierra 10.13.5, Safari 11.1.1. Have also re-installed LastPass extension in Safari.
GabrielG

Postby federico444 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:06 am

same problem here, the lastpass is going always worse! Looking for a new password manager.
federico444

Postby smc704 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:25 am

Same issue as well with Safari 11.1.2 on MacOS 10.13.6

No autofill options work - it does not auto-populate or show the LastPass icon in the password field, right clicking and selecting the "Last Pass" option does nothing, and while the Last Pass menu bar will show the accounts for that site, it will not populate an account/password upon selecting them. However, when I attempt to manually enter a password and get it incorrectly, LastPass will ask if I want to update the password. This is the only interaction I can get.

This has transformed LastPass from a life saver into something near useless for me. Does anyone know of a current work around or working version I can update/regress to? Thanks for any feedback
smc704

Postby justincouch339 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:18 am

Same. Safari 11.1.2, LastPass 4.15.2.1
justincouch339

PreviousNext

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting