Safari Extension : fields not completing

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, Israel, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: Safari Extension : fields not completing

Postby Stratocaster » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:54 am

It worked until I rebooted my Mac.

For me, the only thing that works on a less temporary basis is to go into Safari preferences and disable the extension for a second then re-enable it.

Shoeless356 Wrote:I just downloaded the UNIVERSAL installer for Mac (the one at the top of the download list that has the black Apple logo next to it). It downloaded, launched and installed and seems to be working on Safari now. To keep you from having to go back to Page 5 to look for the download link, here it is:

https://lastpass.com/misc_download2.php

Hope this is helpful! :)
Stratocaster

Safari autofill not working

Postby flosprey1859 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:45 am

Same problem as everyone else. Suggested fixes do not fix. Delete, reinstall, etc. likewise do not cure. Reboot has no effect. Frustrating
Safari 11.1.2
macOS High Sierra 10.13.6
flosprey1859

Postby azefazef » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:16 pm

Same issue for me here. Really annoying.
azefazef

Postby lakingsfn » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:48 pm

Same issue for me, hope a fix is in the works other than installing an old version of the extension.
lakingsfn

Postby yor556 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:34 am

I am facing the same issue on Mac Safari. It is working fine on google chrome with Lastpass extension. I wonder if lastpass team has seen this post from the users complaining about the bug.
yor556

Postby grafiksol10752 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:23 am

The response I received from LastPass support regarding the ticket I opened for this issue was as follows:
===========================================================================================
"Hello,
Thank you for emailing us. We apologize for the inconvenience caused.
We have identified it as a bug and this issue has been reported to our development team for further investigation and fix.
Although I cannot give any ETA on the implementation, rest assured it was filed in.
Let me know if you need any further assistance."
===========================================================================================
All-in-all a pretty insipid and useless response. The LastPass development team has a nasty habit of releasing updates, apparently without full testing and de-bugging. So we users pay the price. And for this they want an annual subscription fee! Perhaps time to investigate an alternate password manager!

I was able to uninstall the problematic Safari extension (4.15.2.?) [Safari:Preferences:Extensions] and installed a previous version (4.9.0.37) which I was able to download from the LastPass download site [https://lastpass.com/misc_download2.php]. I also unchecked the box "Automatically update extensions from the Safari Extensions Gallery" to make sure my newly-installed "old" extension was not automatically updated. Everything has been functioning normally since then.

However it now appears the previously-available older Safari Extension version download has been replaced by the updated version (4.15.2.1). And to test, I downloaded and installed it this morning. And I have now confirmed it does not work properly...exhibiting the same symptoms currently being experienced by most (if not all) users. So at the moment, not sure where the older (seemingly fully-functional) Safari Extension version might be available. But if you can find that version (4.9.0.37) somewhere, it should solve the issue until LastPass can properly act on and resolve the problem(s) permanently.
grafiksol10752

Postby KKW » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:57 am

I am getting the same response from support - they are working on it, no ETA. HOWEVER what is worse is that I apparently cannot download the older version now! none of the older versions are displaying on the page any longer. Moving to another product. This level of support and functionality is not worth my $48/yr
KKW

Postby KKW » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:16 pm

Old versions are pulled off the site. Support is saying that reverting to the stable release is not an option. I am investigating Keeper and Dashlane - Will probably go to Keeper from what I see. $48/yr is TOO MUCH for this kind of lousy dev practice and lousy product support.
KKW

Postby kpgypsy346 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:33 pm

A temporary remedy is to reload Safari browser page that you are trying to fill with LastPass. It works for me.[/b]
kpgypsy346

Postby grafiksol10752 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:40 pm

I just received further communication from LastPass Support, suggesting I download and install the Safari extension from this link:
https://lastpass.com/download/cdn/lastpass.safariextz

The installed extension is identified as Version 4.9.0.37, which after a Safari restart, seems to function properly. (That is the same extension version I was able to download a couple days ago from the "normal" LastPass download site, which now reflects a download version of 4.15.2 (which does not work).

So, as I outlined in an earlier post, "Uninstall" any currently non-working extension and install the 4.9.0.37 version and seemingly all well be fully functional once again.
grafiksol10752

PreviousNext

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting