I had the issue and I recognized it because I was tasked with disable password managers years ago. There's an HTML setting ("autocomplete=off") to disable autofilling form fields and it works on all form including usernames and passwords
. Nearly every browser ignores it for usernames and passwords. It looks like LastPass also ignored until a recent update. Here's how to change it:
- Open up LastPass preferences (for example, click the LastPass icon next to the Address Bar and select Preferences from the drop down menu..
- Click the Advanced tab on the left.
- Check the Respect AutoComplete=off: allow websites to disable AutoFill box. It looks like the label is incorrect.
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the page.
- Reload any page that you have open that LastPass isn't autofilling or the icon isn't appearing in the username and password fields.
This procedure solved the issue for me.
EDIT: Double-checked my settings and I had to turn the setting on
— it looks like the check box says the opposite of what it does.