Clears Windows Hello Fingerprints

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Clears Windows Hello Fingerprints

Postby Clutch » Fri May 25, 2018 12:40 am

Hello, I recently got an XPS 9365 and when connecting up to LastPass I wanted to use the finger print reader. I have the fingerprint setup to work for windows and that is working, and I also have the Binary Component: true (Native Messaging version 4.1.56, built May 14 2018 10:46:06).

Every time I try to enable the multifactor option for fingerprint it will ask me for the master password and then ask me to place my finger on the reader which then it gives me a "Fingerprint identification failed" and the error F. After trying it a second time it gives me a message saying "an error occurred. : E" and in the background a window that reads "Please use your fingerprint software to enroll one of more fingerprints". https://imgur.com/a/D8z7dhY

It seems as if it is clearing out the windows fingerprints when it gives the fail message. I have tried it a dozen times and to no avail. Already updated all the drivers and such. There are other mentions of this on the forum but there was no clear solution. viewtopic.php?f=12&t=253215

Does anyone have a fix for this issue?

Thanks
Kyle
Clutch

Re: Clears Windows Hello Fingerprints

Postby shane98 » Sun May 27, 2018 4:55 am

Hi,

I am having a similar problem. Currently trialing LastPass on a new Dell XPS15 (9560). Fingerprint was working fine to log into Windows. I then enabled the Fingerprint multifactor in lastpass, installed the binary support and validated with my fingerprint. Everything worked perfectly, I was able to log in to lastpass without a problem. I then recieved an error saying my fingerprint was not recognised and last pass switched back to password mode.

At restart, Windows has forgotten that I had registered my fingers, and prompted for alternate authentication.

Retrained Windows, all good again, re enable last pass fingers... broken again.

Unfortunately I don't have a solution, only more queries.

Shane
shane98

Postby James007 » Wed May 30, 2018 7:08 am

Good afternoon,

I am also experiencing the same issue, exactly as described with all Windows and Dell updates installed.

Has anyone been able to find a solution please?

Many thanks

James
James007

Postby MALFEITOR » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:04 pm

Same issue as well with a Dell XPS 9560 (Windows 10 v1803) and I've tried Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
MALFEITOR

Postby rider » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:50 am

I'm experiencing the same issue on my Dell XPS 15 9560. It initially work fine. The only thing I have to add is that it broke while using LastPass Authenticator and typing in an incorrect pin.
rider

Postby mp327 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:15 am

Dell XPS 13 9370 here. Can't get it to work. Not once. It doesn't wipe my windows login fingerprint info though.
Super annoying
mp327

Postby James007 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:42 am

Still having the same problem with the fingerprint feature.

Has anyone been able to fine a solution to this?
James007

Postby devinchristianson947 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:51 pm

I'm also still having this exact problem. I'm unimpressed that this premium-only issue has existed for so long now, over so many updates, and there isn't even any troubleshooting steps.
devinchristianson947

Postby jelman1515 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:44 pm

I wrote to tech support and here was the response:

"Thanks for the report! This has been reported to the development team. Unfortunately there is no ETA at this time, so please note that this ticket may close on it’s own after too many days of inactivity. Don’t worry, though this ticket might close, the bug report will remain open until it is fixed. You are welcome to reopen this ticket at any time should you want to add additional comments at https://lastpass.com/my.php.

That was a couple months ago in November, but the "no ETA" makes me think we still have a long time to go...
jelman1515

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting