Firefox Extension won't open

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, Israel, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: Firefox Extension won't open -- being fixed!

Postby Guido76 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:34 am

Thanks for your intervention. Hope to have a quick fix of this really annoying bug !
Guido76

Postby grahamperrin » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:30 am

dkarpcal417 Wrote:… same problem as …

Thanks, I'll continue in the earlier topic, viewtopic.php?f=12&t=296945
grahamperrin

Firefox ESR, Waterfox, Firefox Quantum

Postby grahamperrin » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:07 am

Firefox ESR

mikete879 Wrote:… Firefox 52.7.3 … If I move the icon to the menu, it just opens a blank window. …

I also tried that workaround …

Waterfox, Firefox Quantum

Screenshots: https://photos.app.goo.gl/qZVxBAXLehYGy5tt1

Discussion in the Waterfox area: https://redd.it/888u0u

4.2.0.8a

See viewtopic.php?f=12&t=279075&p=991595#p991595
grahamperrin

Re: Firefox Extension won't open

Postby rjaduthie » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:03 am

I had this issue. It's probably documented above, but I thought to add my voice to show that this is a good solution.

I am using various Linuxes at home and work (CentOS and Debian) and the issue is apparent with both using Firefox with the Lastpass extension.

I've fixed it at work (Firefox version 52.6.0) by:
1) Uninstalling the extension (click ≡, then "Add-ons", then "Extensions" and "Remove")
2) I then restarted Firefox, but I don't know if this is necessary
3) Reinstalling the extension from the LastPass site, here: https://lastpass.com/misc_download2.php

Note that the extension version in the Mozilla Add-ons repository is version 4.9.0, which doesn't seem to work. The one available on the LastPass site is 4.7.1, which does work!
rjaduthie

Postby Guido76 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:29 am

Reinstall LP version 4.3.20, and it run well.
I wonder if last version of LP is not only made for Firefox 57+. If right, that's a shame. I don't want to use Firefox Quantum. (I'm with Waterfox at this moment).
Guido76

Postby FlawedDesign » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:51 am

It happens on quantum as well, they just broke it for Firefox. Lastpass support used to encourage me to use Chrome all the time when I reported bugs, which is kind of like telling a Linux user that they should try to use Windows- you should just know it defeats the purpose. It's possible their devs just like Chrome the same way snapchat devs like iPhones (in which case the moral thing to do would be to just tell us Gecko users to go someplace else), but I doubt it because Firefox is far easier to develop for, or it was until Quantum, which is why it was the first browser to get lasspass I believe, however these problems started far before Quantum was even on the radar, they started a few months after logmein's acquisition, so I have a feeling that logmein has some deal with Google, just like every other business on the planet, and they are hoping that by developing a really strong addon for google and being slow to fix major mistakes elsewhere it will get people to give up their personal information to the largest manufacturer of spyware in the history of the world. Here is the thing, if it was just an issue on Quantum, I'd get it, but it's not, it's an issue on all versions of Firefox and it is just the latest in a long list of prevalent issues. Additionally this is such a major bug there is no way it wouldn't have been caught by QA if it had gone through QA, but it clearly hasn't, however I have never heard of anything remotely this bad for Chrome since lastpass started supporting chrome. Lastpass also doesn't host most of their old versions for the ability to downgrade, but I would never trust a third party to give me a lastpass binary. They just make it hard to use Firefox and I have never gotten an official reason why, as of yet unless they told me something different in my support tickets which I can't read because their ticketing system is broken, they claim to treat it the same as all other additions- which is certainly not true as even the IE version (IE being a dead browser at this point) works better.
FlawedDesign

Postby guitar4him0453 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:23 am

If you want to fix this issue here's what you must do...

- Uninstall the LastPass addon
- Install the LastPass addon from the LastPass website (https://lastpass.com/misc_download2.php) This is actually version 4.2.3
- Stop automatic updates by going to about:config and finding "extensions.update.enabled". Once you find that, double-click it to toggle it to "false". This is very important because installing the earlier version will only work for a short time before Firefox updates it to version 4.9

This will get you back up and running!

Ken
guitar4him0453

Postby bipcho » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:45 am

I solved the problem! Uninstalled the add-on ( 4.9.0) from my Firefox - 52.7.3 (32-bit). And from this Mozilla site: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/ downloaded the previous version (4.7.1). After that in Add-ons clicked on "More" and disabled update for it. Till the problem will be sold. Success and greetings from Bulgaria!
bipcho

Postby raoulg24 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:52 am

I'm also experiencing this issue in waterfox of the munu option overlay not working. This is not good.
raoulg24

Postby musichem » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:16 pm

I am having the same issue. Windows 10, FF 52.7.3 64-bit. Uninstalling and reinstalling the addon did not help.

Last pass seems to be ok on my menu bar in Firefox the icon has gon red to show that I am logged in, but when I click it instead of opening the drop down menu box all i get is a little arrow under the lastpass icon and whatever I do I cannot get the lastpass menu to drop down. this has only just started happening I have bee using Lastpass with no problems for years. Pleas help.
musichem

PreviousNext

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting