Firefox Extension won't open

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, Israel, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: Firefox Extension won't open

Postby jadgate33 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:47 pm

Remove and reinstall DOES NOT Fix this.
jadgate33

Postby WetLook » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:50 pm

[quote="grgfirth142"]Well, I had to turn auto-update off because it update to 4.9.0 and I had the same problem, so I revered back to 4.7.1 and updates off.

LastPass web site https://lastpass.com/misc_download2.php displays wrong version number.
Says Version 4.7.1, it is really Version 4.2.3.20
Go to Tools, Add-ons, Extensions, LastPass click on More, then Right Click on the page, click on About, what version do you see?
Probably version 4.2.3.20 right?
WetLook

Re: LastPass menu no longer working in Firefox

Postby Amandaville » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:33 pm

It seems that LastPass is not monitoring their own support forums. I have submitted a support ticket. We'll see how long it takes for them to respond.
Amandaville

Postby SirJohn » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:35 pm

I am seeing the exact same thing.... on a Mac running FF 52.7.3 (64 BIT) and LP 4.9.0 ... really need this feature back, I have to use it dozens of times every day. :x
SirJohn

Postby crgrove » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:47 pm

Samething, here. It worked on my Waterfox a couple days ago on another computer but my home computer, today, nope.
I tried the new screen login option to no avail.
crgrove

Postby FlawedDesign » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:04 pm

I've been having this problem intermediately and now its just full force nothing will fix it. Even reinstalling the binaries wont make it work anymore (not even for a brief period). I opened a support ticket, and the funny thing is that they got back to me.... however their ticketing system is down, as in you just get a blank page or a 500 error if you try to read it. I tried both lastpass and to access their ticketing system from 3 browsers on four different computers, on three different OS' AND my Android phone (on two different ROMs) same deal all around. Honestly I'm fed up.
FlawedDesign

Postby FlawedDesign » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:05 pm

Reinstalling doesn't work. Even if you reinstall the binaries on Windows it doesn't work (not that I'm going to try that again since the installer is a timebomb and fails if you don't manage to complete it after about 15 seconds)
FlawedDesign

Postby lunarE » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:24 pm

This is the last straw for me too I'm afraid. Lastpass used to be the best option and I even had a premium account at one stage.
The last few updates have been a nightmare so I'm moving to Bitwarden or something else.
lunarE

Postby AngHavingIssues » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:12 am

Same issue here. So much so I am thinking of switching to some other password manager. I have used LastPass for YEARS and was recommending it to everyone but now since the last Firefox update it won't work. I am using the updated Firefox ESR version 52.7.3 (64-bit). The reason for ESR is Lastpass and a few others were not working with the new normal Firefox. What version are others using that are having the same issue with LastPass?

When I click the LastPass icon on my bar by the address bar and search bar it just shows like it starts to show a drop down but then doesn't.

Also in websites when trying to log into websites doesn't always save new logins anymore like it used to.

Image: https://ibin.co/3x4kOjkctSV7.png
AngHavingIssues

Firefox Extension won't open -- being fixed!

Postby dkarpcal417 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:38 am

I had same problem as doctorjellybean, dialupisbad937, notone07840, amandaville, guido76...and others. I submitted a help ticket with Premium Support. First responder said there was no problem. So I sent Support the text of messages posted by some of the folks mentioned above. That worked. Next message from LastPass was that the problem "has been confirmed" and was referred to development team to be fixed.

Thanks to everyone who reported this problem. The more reports, the better.

David
dkarpcal417

PreviousNext

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting