Firefox Extension won't open

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, Israel, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Re: Firefox Extension won't open

Postby art55 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:29 pm

dongateley303 Wrote:Removing and reinstalling from https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... d-manager/ does _NOT_ fix this for me. Please, please, please fix this. I feel like I've lost a limb.

It might could be that you now require FF 57+ to work right but there is a whole universe of users that are not going to update to 57+ because of the many addons that are lost by updating. Session Manager for example which is like another limb to me.

Did you attempt it with the earlier version of LP available here: https://lastpass.com/misc_download2.php
(see posts earlier in the day.)
This did fix it for me and several other users.

PS: I agree - Many of us are not going on to FF57 until the add-ins / extensions catch up. (I've turned OFF updates for add-ins to prevent this increasingly frequent problem.)
art55

Postby dongateley303 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:11 am

Yeah, I downloaded what was labled 4.7.1, gave it all the requested permissions but somehow I got 4.2.3.20 installed instead. Go Figure. At least it works now. I think the ticket for those that the remove/reinstall doesn't work for should try remove/restart/reinstall.
dongateley303

Postby grgfirth142 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:33 am

Well, I had to turn auto-update off because it update to 4.9.0 and I had the same problem, so I revered back to 4.7.1 and updates off.

But what happens should they fix it and with auto-update off, we never get notified of the fix? Well, if they would acknowledge the problem or even acknowledge they are looking into the issue, then maybe we might be patient and hopeful. So exactly where did they post that this was a reported or known issue - did I miss that?

However,
grgfirth142

Postby dongateley303 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:16 am

Yeah, I had turned auto-update off too. I don't like the situation at all but I need this thing to work. I'm too fucking invested in it.

'Twould be nice to see and acknowledgement with the news that it's fixed and we can turn on auto update again. Posted right here.
dongateley303

Postby WetLook » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:01 am

We have been using Waterfox with Last Pass for years with no major problem.
Now yesterday when we updated to v4.7.1 Last Pass does not work.

The icon is blacked out and clicking on the blacked out icon does not open, to log in.

We reverted back to ver. 4.2.3.20 and LastPass works fine.

Please don't tell us Waterfox users that it isn't an approved browser.
As I stated we have used Waterfox with LastPass for years.

This update is broken and needs to be addressed.
WetLook

Postby fudoka » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:12 am

Firefox 52.7.3-86.1 in openSUSE Linux - not sure of the LastPass version but I have uninstalled, closed Firefox, restarted Firefox, reinstalled LastPass and still it doesn't work.
Since I now rely on LastPass for all my passwords this is a major, major p*ssoff
fudoka

Postby mikete879 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:29 pm

I am having the same problem with Lastpass 4.9.0. I use Firefox 52.7.3 64 bit with windows 10. The lastpass icon is in the toolbar, but when I click on it, it just shows an arrow. If I move the icon to the menu, it just opens a blank window.
I have tried removing and reinstalling the lastpass addon, I removed and reinstalled firefox, I downgraded firefox, all to no avail. This is terribly frustrating.
To add insult to injury it works fine in IE.
mikete879

Postby mikete879 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:35 pm

FYI, I did downgrade lastpass to 4.71 and now it works.
mikete879

Postby scat1620 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:16 pm

Another case here. LastPass extension for Firefox won't login (Firefox Quantum 59.02, Lastpass addon version 4.2.3.20) via the extension at all. Tried a complete clean re-install of Firefox (including background AppData) and LastPass extensions (with no other add-ons in use, and antivirus & firewalls turned off), but no joy. Extension works fine in Chrome and IE. Can also successfully login directly via LastPass.com using Firefox. I'm no tech-y, but that seems pretty conclusive to me that it's the Firefox extension that's up the spout here.

Over to you, LastPass devs...
scat1620

Postby jpenny84 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:13 pm

scat1620 Wrote:Another case here. LastPass extension for Firefox won't login (Firefox Quantum 59.02, Lastpass addon version 4.2.3.20) via the extension at all. Tried a complete clean re-install of Firefox (including background AppData) and LastPass extensions (with no other add-ons in use, and antivirus & firewalls turned off), but no joy. Extension works fine in Chrome and IE. Can also successfully login directly via LastPass.com using Firefox. I'm no tech-y, but that seems pretty conclusive to me that it's the Firefox extension that's up the spout here.

Over to you, LastPass devs...

The extension version you listed is not current. Try installing 4.9.0: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/
jpenny84

PreviousNext

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting