Firefox Extension won't open

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, Israel, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: Firefox Extension won't open

Postby Dixol » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:24 am

twinkleNL Wrote:Same problem here with Firefox Quantum 63.0 and LastPass 4.18.1.2.

What worked for me was the FF Options > Privacy & Security > History > "Remember History" setting.
When set to "Never remember history" the problem starts occurring.

This doesn't work for me. The only properly working ver. is 4.15.2.17. and even here I have to wait 10 sec for pop-up window to login.

Firefox 63.0.3 (64-bit)
Linux
Dixol

Postby Dixol » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:30 am

twinkleNL Wrote:Same problem here with Firefox Quantum 63.0 and LastPass 4.18.1.2.

What worked for me was the FF Options > Privacy & Security > History > "Remember History" setting.
When set to "Never remember history" the problem starts occurring.

This doesn't work for me. The only properly working version is 4.15.2.17. and even here I have to wait 10 sec for pop-up window to login.

FF 63.0.3
Linux
Dixol

Postby jsw729 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:35 pm

After upgrade from Ubuntu 16.04 to 18.04, removing the Apt FF version and installing the Snap version worked for me.
jsw729

Postby tation73 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:14 pm

Add me to the list of people it isn't working for.
tation73

Postby np422 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:32 am

MacOSX, latest version.

Firefox 64.0

Lastpass not working, and have not done so for a very long time.

I can't understand what happened, lastpass used to be such an awesome product and I recommended it to a lot of people as used to be great.

Now it's like all development have been focused on making it worse, more difficult to use and not to mention no longer working on my primary way of interacting with the web, which is firefox.

I didn't bother to renew my subscription when the time came - so I'm no longer a paying customer although I would be happy to give you money, in fact even a lot more than you are asking for the subscription - just as long as lastpass once again will become as awesome as it once was.
np422

Postby newmanpeter69246 » Sat May 04, 2019 3:39 am

This just happened to me too. Luckily I have Lastpass on Chrome too so at least I can access my vault. What a joke Firefox
newmanpeter69246

Postby mike808137 » Sat May 04, 2019 2:13 pm

A FIX IS AVAILABLE TO MOST USERS

Mozilla is rolling out a hot-fix. Official details from the Mozilla blog:
https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2019/05/04/update-regarding-add-ons-in-firefox/

It should just start working again for most people with the latest updated version of Firefox.

It uses the "Studies" feature, which is an option in the Security & Privacy section (towards the bottom). It is turned on by default in most installs.
If not, you will need to enable "Studies" in the privacy options and Firefox should automatically pick up the hotfix being pushed out by Mozilla.
You can turn off studies after if you had it turned off.

If you are on an older version of Firefox, and there is no Studies option, you might try upgrading Firefox so that the Studies hotfix can fix the problem.
It may be also possible to manually install the hotfix XPI extension file.
https://storage.googleapis.com/moz-fx-normandy-prod-addons/extensions/hotfix-update-xpi-intermediate%40mozilla.com-1.0.2-signed.xpi

Nightly and test builds of Firefox have a configuration setting that can disable extension signature verification. The main production release doesn't.
The reason Mozilla signs addons is so that people can't trick you into installing an extension that can steal passwords from the browser or from the LastPass extension, for example.
They just screwed up by not having the replacement certificate already installed before this happened.
mike808137

Previous

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting