Firefox Extension won't open

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, Israel, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: Firefox Extension won't open

Postby sean644 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:26 pm

Hi all,

I discovered the problem for me was that Lastpass wasn't updating to the latest version, even though I was updating it through the Firefox "gear" updater.

I went here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/

and got version 4.9.2.0. For some reason my FF was stuck on 4.9.1.1

I am using FF Developer Edition 60.0b14 (64-bit)
sean644

4.9.2.0 compatibility and feature set

Postby grahamperrin » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:23 am

4.9.2.0 also works with Waterfox 56.1.0_16.

I'll continue with legacy 4.2.0.8a, which works with modal authentication dialogues (4.9.2.0 does not).
grahamperrin

Re: Firefox Extension "Edit site" open a blank dialogue page

Postby papillotte24 » Sat May 05, 2018 11:33 am

W10 + Firefox 59.0.3 (64-bit) + LastPass 4.9.2.0

LastPass 4.9.2.0. opens a BLANK dialogue page when I want to edit an entry.

For example, to change my Twitter password, I should be able to simply type Twitter in the icon search field, click on the spanner to edit and do the necessary changes to the entry, without leaving my FF tab.
Instead, I have to open my LP vault, search for Twitter in the vault, then edit the entry in the dialogue page, close the vault before returning to my FF tab.

After a quick read of this thread, I removed the current LP extension (4.9.2.0.), restarted Firefox and installed LP version 4.7.1. (from https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/lastpass-password-manager/versions/). I also changed the extension setting to ensure it does not update automatically.
Problem solved.

Thanks for the tips, people :)
papillotte24

Re: Firefox Extension "Edit site" open a blank dialogue page

Postby kuno21 » Sat May 05, 2018 12:07 pm

papillotte24 Wrote:W10 + Firefox 59.0.3 (64-bit) + LastPass 4.9.2.0

LastPass 4.9.2.0. opens a BLANK dialogue page when I want to edit an entry.

For example, to change my Twitter password, I should be able to simply type Twitter in the icon search field, click on the spanner to edit and do the necessary changes to the entry, without leaving my FF tab.
Instead, I have to open my LP vault, search for Twitter in the vault, then edit the entry in the dialogue page, close the vault before returning to my FF tab.

After a quick read of this thread, I removed the current LP extension (4.9.2.0.), restarted Firefox and installed LP version 4.7.1. (from https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/lastpass-password-manager/versions/). I also changed the extension setting to ensure it does not update automatically.
Problem solved.

Thanks for the tips, people :)

i think downgrading is not a real usefull solve.

its time to roll out a fucional upgrade to fix the problem.
kuno21

Postby papillotte24 » Sat May 05, 2018 12:20 pm

@kuno21

I completely agree it's only a short-term solution.
An upgrade is required ASAP.
papillotte24

Postby jeffkirkley » Mon May 14, 2018 12:29 am

Having same problem. Running LastPass 4.10.0 and Firefox Quantum 59.0.3 on Win 10 Pro x64. Whenever I try to click on 'edit' an entry, it comes up with a blank page. Has worked fine all this time and problem just started happening recently.
jeffkirkley

Postby anonymoususer321 » Wed May 16, 2018 9:57 am

Having the same problem. Running LastPass 4.10.0 and Firefox Quantum 60.0 on Win 10 Pro x64. Whenever I try to click on 'edit' an entry, it comes up with a blank page.

I opened a support ticket at the initial release of Quantum, several months ago, and yet none of the previous "bugs" I have reported (e.g. copy/paste missing -> have to edit an entry to get the password if the page does not support auto-fill) have been fixed. Now this edit bug is happening as well, so I can't manually copy a password... this means LastPass is completely UNUSABLE! I have to have Chrome open (against my will) just to use LastPass.

What is happening LastPass? Are you guys working on a solution or just going to let the forums continue to fill up with complaints?
anonymoususer321

Postby jpenny84 » Wed May 16, 2018 11:09 am

anonymoususer321 Wrote:Having the same problem. Running LastPass 4.10.0 and Firefox Quantum 60.0 on Win 10 Pro x64. Whenever I try to click on 'edit' an entry, it comes up with a blank page.

I opened a support ticket at the initial release of Quantum, several months ago, and yet none of the previous "bugs" I have reported (e.g. copy/paste missing -> have to edit an entry to get the password if the page does not support auto-fill) have been fixed. Now this edit bug is happening as well, so I can't manually copy a password... this means LastPass is completely UNUSABLE! I have to have Chrome open (against my will) just to use LastPass.

What is happening LastPass? Are you guys working on a solution or just going to let the forums continue to fill up with complaints?

Copy and paste functionality is not missing. You simply need to enable the binary component:

https://lastpass.com/support.php?cmd=showfaq&id=3206
jpenny84

Postby locktech233 » Wed May 16, 2018 4:35 pm

Same problem works ok in Explorer and Chrome suggests it's a Firefox problem pain having to open up in another browser when in the middle of something
locktech233

Postby RNH » Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

I have had this submitted as a trouble ticket for almost a month now ... support simply sucks
RNH

PreviousNext

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting