Form Fill profiles have disappeared.

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, Israel, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: Form Fill profiles have disappeared.

Postby Oakland Joe » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:45 pm

@Loner I just uninstalled/reinstalled the extension, and it solved the problem. I did not have to do any reconfiguration, so it was, at least, a fairly quick process. Hope it helps.
Oakland Joe

Postby Loner » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:50 pm

All my credit card data gone. And that doesn't mean one card, it means multiple credit cards and all my and my wife's HSA card data and some other crap I CAN'T EVEN REMEMBER is GONE.

And it takes users talking to each other for me to even gain a sense that I didn't simply wake up in an alternate universe this morning.

Oh relax, I will uninstall and reinstall. We all know that is the magical fix for all that could ever ail. But this shines a seriously bright light on the sense of putting your data in the hands of some corporation that simply and obviously does not give a wet s**t about it.

Thank you for the responses. You may have saved lives.
Loner

Postby 8888uk » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:12 pm

Just to echo the frustration of losing all form fill profile without warning or rollback button.

If LP is moving to a new interface, all the form fill profile should be transferred as much as possible and hose not transferable should have been back up somehow so we can then entered manually.

Wasted a few hour today trying to make some online purchase, and with so many other users around the world suffering a similar problem, collectively it would be a lot of man/woman hours lost by a bad management of what should have been an "upgrade" and "improvement" for the users!!! Great pity.

Anyway, just found this forum and try logging out and re-login (CHORME EXTENSION), got the formfill back now.

NO NEED TO UNINSTALL AND REINSTALL

LP. Please make sure the eventual update will not create the same chaos.! thanks you
8888uk

Postby jeffreydbrown710 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:56 am

I got a quick response to my support ticket telling me to log out and log back in. Everything is working as expected now, but without any admission that something had gone wrong on their side.
jeffreydbrown710

Postby cygnusvismund » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:42 am

A FRIENDLY REMINDER TO EXPORT/BACKUP YOUR FORM FILL DATA!

Just in case this new "simplified" redesign does something really stupid like split up all the various form fields into separated "types" (ie Credit Cards, Addresses, etc), meaning you'd have to fill a page multiple times with each item "type".

I didn't read the whole blog post but that's kinda the gist I got from skimming over it.

(Note: Always backup to a secure OFFLINE file. Don't store it in the cloud. You can delete it later if you're happy with the redesign.)
cygnusvismund

Postby Rev206 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:08 am

Removing extension and then reinstalling in Chrome did the trick for me.
Rev206

Postby jtroth » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:02 pm

Here is what I posted publicly on their Facebook page:

"Please update your users as to what happened to the browser extension form fill data yesterday. I am glad that everything got restored, but you have been publicly silent on what was a big problem for much (all?) of your user base, and you need to address it publicly. I know you quietly fixed it, and magically all of our data was restored. But it was an ongoing problem for long enough to cause trouble, with a long discussion on your forum, and no official input from any employee. We need to know what happened, what you are doing to prevent it happening again. Oh, and something like "sorry" would be appreciated."
jtroth

Postby troy272 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:01 pm

Same here but they are still in the LastPass system because I can access my form fill information from my Android devices and my iPad. The only thing troubling is the fact that there has been no response from LastPass. Just let us know what is going on and we will feel more confident in your system and the ability to access our data.
troy272

Postby troy272 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:29 pm

Possible Solution for Chrome extension users:
I Deleted the Chrome extension and reinstalled it. My form field properties are back and the LastPass version is 4.7.1 but the UI is the same as the last version. Looks like they are working on it but an official response would be appreciated. I love LastPass and tell people about it every chance I get so I am a dedicated and loyal customer of nearly eight years but pretending there is no issue does not make the problem go away.
troy272

Postby Justsome1 » Thu May 17, 2018 11:47 am

It happened to me too. I did https://lastpass.com/support.php?cmd=showfaq&id=976
And it still isn't showing up
Justsome1

PreviousNext

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting