Lastpass connection issues in Firefox 56

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, Israel, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Lastpass connection issues in Firefox 56

Postby Trice » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:24 pm

I've stayed on FF 56 rather than upgrade to 57/58 while I wait for a couple of old extensions to be updated. I've used Lastpass 4.2.3.20 during this time without issue. Suddenly this past Sunday it starts losing its connection multiple times per day. I'll get a message that says, "LastPass was unable to contact the login server, so you are now in offline mode. Some functionality may be limited." Or "Your LastPass session appears to have expired. Please re-login." Most of the time the Lastpass icon turns yellow when this happens, then I click it to see the error message, then it goes gray until I log in again. Though occasionally when I click it turns red and I stay logged in, as if nothing happened.

It's just behaving like it's having a tough time making a connection but there are no connection issues. I did download Tuesday's Windows 10 updates but beyond that nothing has changed on my computer, and this behavior was taking place before Tuesday.

Anyone else experiencing this? Any thoughts?
Trice

Re: Lastpass connection issues in Firefox 56

Postby JB337 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:45 am

I use Firefox 56 too and my Lastpass will not let me go to my vault or edit logins. I'm wondering if it has something to do with LP not being compatible with older versions of Firefox.
JB337

Postby ebow » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:43 pm

This started happening for me today in the latest version of Chrome. Within 15-30 seconds I get the expired session message directly, or go offline and then have an expired session. I stay logged in on Firefox (v58) though for that browser it looks like auto-logoff has stopped working.

My guess was that my work network is doing something that causes the session to expire in Chrome, but seeing your post now makes me think it's something else.
ebow

Postby Trice » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:53 pm

@ebow, FWIW I just saw this tweet from the @LastpassStatus account: "We are aware of the intermittent connectivity issue and working to address ASAP. Our apologies for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience in the meantime." https://twitter.com/LastPassStatus/stat ... 7979675649

So that may explain your issue. Mine is behaving the same way it has for 10 days now. I'm a premium customer so I finally submitted a support ticket to find out if this is normal/expected behavior when using a (slightly) outdated browser, as I am. Lastpass responded almost immediately but sadly their ticketing page won't load. :(
Trice

Postby JasonExplosion » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:55 pm

This started happening for me today in the latest version of Chrome. Within 15-30 seconds I get the expired session message directly, or go offline and then have an expired session.

Having the exact same issue.
JasonExplosion

Postby ebow » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:00 pm

@Trice, thanks for pointing out the twitter message, b/c their status page claims "all systems operational".
ebow

Postby Trice » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:09 pm

ebow Wrote:@Trice, thanks for pointing out the twitter message, b/c their status page claims "all systems operational".

You mean the status page that they just promoted yesterday? Yikes, that's not reassuring at all.
https://blog.lastpass.com/2018/02/new-l ... live.html/
Trice

Postby heshie75v166 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:36 pm

I am having exactly the same issues.
Is there a fix ?
heshie75v166

Postby JB337 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:37 am

I don't want to upgrade my Firefox (I am still using Firefox 56) to the new version because they removed things like tabs on bottom and status bar so I found an older version of Lastpass that still works. As for Chrome (which I also use) I have not upgraded to the latest version of Chrome so it seems to be working just fine for me. So I guess older version of Lastpass for older version of browser is the answer, lol.
JB337

Postby gwc232 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:53 am

"Unable to contact Login Server/offline" message - Experiencing the same problem, starting last weekend - March 17. Intermittent - works sometimes, then not. Experienced on Firefox, Chrome, Safari; Windows, MacOS, Linux; home network (rock solid Google Fiber) and coffee shop networks; direct connection and VPN. I use a horrible, contorted Lastpass passphrase (yeah, I know just like everyone else) so repeated logins is torture.
gwc232

Next

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting