ERROR: Sorry, this request is taking longer than normal.

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, Israel, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: ERROR: Sorry, this request is taking longer than normal.

Postby joelgeez » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:58 pm

I have been plagued by LastPass connection issues. I can't edit or add new sites and I continually receive the notice that there is a server error. I know that every service has its occasional hiccups but this has been going on for months with no statement, explanation, or fix. I have had a long-term relationship with LastPass but it's time to break up. I can't live with this any longer. I need a manager that does what I pay it to do. This is no longer happening here.
Joel
joelgeez

Postby disgruntled » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:04 am

I have the same problem as described above. I've had a support ticket for a month which has been raised to level 3. Where are the moderators? Has anyone solved this issue with a simple fix? Exporting data and creating a new account isn't a practical issue for most users.
disgruntled

Postby aggiedba » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:20 pm

Same errors.... same as reported above by joelgeez. I've submitted a ticket but I've had it with Lastpass. Not worth the hassle anymore!
aggiedba

Postby bilbobaggins » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:39 pm

Same error as everyone else; ongoing for weeks. I finally gave up and moved on. Now i can't even delete my account; get the same error as holtrd37. Unbelievable.
bilbobaggins

Postby geek793 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:24 pm

Update: I'm encouraged again. The rep I'm in touch with says they put in a fix, and asked me to verify their fix. I reported back that I now see that my chrome browser extension is stable, but that the firefox extension is still not stable. So they are chasing that down. It's possible that I'm being used as a testcase, in which case the fixes for everyone could be right around the corner.

I'm hanging in there. Sometimes the company with the big setback becomes the company that outruns the others.
geek793

Postby MrMike527 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:08 am

I've been having issues for over a month now with timeouts and errors. I thought it may have been my corporate firewall, but I get it on the website version with direct internet connections as well. Very frustrating.
MrMike527

Postby warsurplus » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:53 am

I noticed today, April 27, 2018 that the connectivity issue didn't occur when inputting a new site entry to LP. I also edited a site and didn't receive an error message and the updates are saved. The issue seems to be resolved for now. From the text of their updates that I pasted below, it sounds like the experts didn't even address this until today April 27, 2018.
I received the following updates from LP today:

Apr 27, 11:35 EDT
New Incident Status: Monitoring
The intermittent connectivity issue should now be resolved. We will continue to monitor to prevent any additional issues.

PREVIOUS UPDATES
Apr 27, 11:28 EDT
Investigating
The Network Operations Center is investigating an issue with LastPass where some customers may be experiencing intermittent errors when attempting to login to LastPass.com.
We have engaged our on-call responders and we will provide another update shortly.
warsurplus

Postby MrMike527 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:30 pm

Just tried it... got an error on very first try.

ERROR: Sorry, this request is taking longer than normal.
MrMike527

Postby GlevumOwl » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:50 pm

Same here on all browsers and apps on all platforms via any connection. Even connecting directly via the website causes does not work. Today I have spent an hour trying to enter details of two new accounts. I give up. LastPass is unusable. And this has been the situation for months. Months. I'm off. Have fun.
GlevumOwl

Postby bilbobaggins » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:51 pm

I'm back to give a shout-out for LastPass support. After posting here that I was having the same issues as everyone else I put in a support request here: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass. Select "Get Support - Create Ticket" at the bottom of the page. Within 12 hours I had a response from support. After trying their suggestions, and not having any success, three hours later they escalated the ticket to Level 2. Another four hours and I had a response from Level 2 which suggested I try this:

To isolate the issue further kindly create a new Chrome profile https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/2364824?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

Then reinstall the extension using this link https://download.cloud.lastpass.com/windows_installer/lastpass_x64.exe

After following those instructions I was able to delete items in my vault. It was hit-or-miss as I still got the "An error occurred while attempting to contact the server. Please check your Internet connection." message sometimes but it worked well enough to keep trying. However I still haven't been able to delete my account.

Hope that helps someone.
bilbobaggins

PreviousNext

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting